Tasty Toasty @ Pulau Tikus, Penang

I spotted a new cafe when I drove pass Pulau Tikus the other day and I was delighted to check it out.

They do open in the morning at 8 am and it would be a good place for breakfast to kick start your day as they have a variety of toasts and buns to choose from. Breakfast set for the buns and toasts are available and they come with half boiled eggs if not mistaken. 



The interior of the cafe which is simple.
I love that they still maintain the 
original vintage tiles.



A glimpse of the menu

They do have a variety of dishes and 
pasta besides toasts and sandwiches.

I didn't take the photos and it would be
great to surprise yourself when you
dine at the cafe.

They are available after 11.30 am.




Super Berries (Flavoured tea) @ RM 5.20

They have a variety of beverages to
choose from in the menu.
You would have to check out
the menu for more choices.

Cold passion fruit tea @ RM 4.30

Earl Grey Tea @ RM 3.00

We had a glass of warm water and it
is given free. :)



Teriyaki Bonito Flakes Toast @ RM 4.80
(a la carte)

For the set, it costs RM 7.10 and 
it comes with 2 half boiled eggs.

This could be Japanese fusion toast as it
come with teriyaki sauce, topped generously
with bonito flakes and tiny stripes of seaweeds.
It is delicious and I haven't come across
such creative combination of flavours.

They do have the classic toasts, like
kaya toast, butter suger toast and even
chocolate toast. 

I would love to try them one day.



Mushroom Gravy Grilled Chicken Chop
@ RM 14.90

The mash potato is creamy and I love the
texture as well as the gravy as they are
appetising and the chicken is tender.



Honey Mustard Breaded Chicken Chop @ RM 14.90

The chicken chop is crispy on the outside and
tender on the inside.
I really enjoy the savoury flavour and it goes
extremely well with the mustard.
I was surprised when I had this as most
breaded deep fried chicken will have a layer
of fried batter which is a bit soggy when
you separate it from the chicken which you
won't get it for this one.

It is worth the money and I would love to
have one on my own during my next visit.



Smoked Salmon with Guacamole Sandwich 
@ RM 13.90

This is the Open Faced Sandwich and my brother
and I were curious, so decided to try one.
It is only available after 11.30 am.

The toasted Benggali bread (local bread which you
might get from the Indian bread motorcycle) is
not wet and soggy even with guacamole.

They do give you generous serving of smoked
salmon and they really prepare the sandwich
well. The portion is pretty filling with lots
of greens in the sandwich.

Too bad I don't have a photo of the ingredients.
I do look forward to try their other sandwiches now.



The cafe is opposite Bandar Baru supermarket 
at Pulau Tikus, which is behind the market.



The sign board of the cafe.
You won't be able to miss it.


The parking spaces are rather limited around the area and you can part near the market or at the parking lots in front or behind Pulau Tikus' Bandar Baru. You can also check out their FB page for the exact location of the cafe.

Besides, GST is not included in the bill.

Good food, affordable price and comfortable dining ambience. I would love to go back for more toasts. ^^ 


More info:
Address: 52, Jalan Cantonment, 10350 George Town, Penang

Telephone number: 04-218 9623

Business Hours: 8am - 10pm daily

FB page : Tasty Toasty

Comments