Pentagon 5 Studio @ Raja Uda, Butterworth

I have been there twice as I enjoy their soft serve ice-cream, as well as their cakes and dining ambiance. Anyway, I was way too occupied with work and it would be a waste if I didn't share the photos which I had taken in October before Halloween.

We ordered a few drinks and food. However, we were kinda let down as we failed to get their Halloween dessert (beautifully decorated doughnuts).

Anyway, feel free to browse their FB page from time to time as they might have special items during festive seasons.



Pigeon's Wings @ RM12
(Strawberry, watermelon and rose)

I was surprised when the drink was 
serve as I love the colours and the rose
petals. It looks kinda romantic. ^^

The drink has a light sweet refreshing 
taste and it is not sweet.

The menu mentioned that the drink is inspired 
by Asian pigeonwings (blue peas), but
it resembles twilight more than a flower.




Misty Island @ RM12
(berry, passion fruit, lime and milk)

This drink is smooth and creamy
and the layers seeps to one another
pretty fast.

It would suit someone who fancy
milky beverages.



Almond Tiramisu @ RM 15

The cake is delicious and it is not too
sweet. I love the nuts on top of the cake
and it has a slight crunchiness in between
each bite of soft fluffy cake.


 

A glimpse of the cheese cake available.



Soft serve @ RM 12.90 (mug)

small (in a glass) @ RM 8.90

The soft serve comes with two sizes, 
big and small. 

The black sesame soft serve tastes good
as it is not too sweet and you can taste a
light bitterness from the black sesame.



Matcha soft serve

I had this when I was having lunch with my colleagues.

The matcha soft serve is creamy and it is not
too bitter nor sweet.
I love the smooth and creamy texture
(like the black sesame one).
Too bad they didn't have it when I went
there with my buddy for dinner.

Do enquire for their flavour of the day when
you are there. They might have other flavours
apart from matcha and black sesame.



Pineapple Fried Rice @ RM 18.90

This Thai style fried rice comes with pork, chunks of
pineapples, Chinese sausage, raisins and cashew nuts.

It is garnished with pork floss and served in a
pineapple which makes it look appetising.

This pineapple fried rice is delicious and
you can experience lots of flavours.
You can get a burst of sweetness from the pineapple
from one bite and the nutty cashew nuts from
another bite. Basically, it is something for your
palate to explore.



Shi-Sho-Char @ RM 16.90

It is mushroom pasta dish (squid ink spaghetti) glazed
with red wine sauce and it comes with mushrooms, 
such as shiitake, shimeiji and button mushroom.

Rejoice! If you were a fan of mushrooms.

They are generous with the ingredients and
this dish is not too creamy nor salty.

Everything is just nice, in my opinion.



Papa'I Uno @ RM 23.90

I am a big fan of soft shell crab and I ordered
this burger when I was dining with my colleagues
as I couldn't resist it.

This soft shell crab burger comes with
tomato slices, zucchini, lettuce, egg and 
cheddar cheese.

The charcoal buns and soft and fresh.
However, the crab gets soggy quite fast
perhaps due to the vapour from the hot
egg or the dampness of the greens.



The dining area on the ground floor.


 

The place was beautifully decorated with ornaments and
you would be in the mood for part during Halloween.



Pentagon 5 Studio is more like an Asian fusion cafe / restaurant and the menu is getting more elaborated now as compared to when they first started (from what I read on other blogs before my visit).

You can check out their FB page before going there as sometimes their dining area on the 1st floor will be used for private events or parties.

You can locate the cafe easily as it is almost in front of Aroma Hotel, next to the snack shop , MIX (米克斯).

More info:


Business Hours: 10 a.m. - 12 mid night (Daily)

Address: No. 12, Butterworth Business City Centre, Jalan Raja Uda, Butterworth.


Comments