Cozy in the Rocket @ George Town, Penang

I went to another café in the heart of George Town with my buddies a few weeks back and we dined at a café known as ‘Cozy In The Rocket’, which was known as Amelie Café before they relocate to a new place.  ‘Cozy In The Rocket’ does ring a bell to me as it is the theme song of Grey’s Anatomy. 

It is just a stone’s throw from their previous place and it is easy to find since the new café is located right behind the well-known ‘Little Children on Bicycle’ mural by Ernest Zacharevic. Thus, the place will be packed with visitors during weekends or public holidays. Wow! O.O

The café is cosy and the ambiance is relaxing. I would like to say that they go for the vintage theme, which is pretty cool and nostalgic.



The entrance of the cafe!
It looks welcoming and promising of
a cool hideout under the scorching sun. ^^



I love the wooden boards and
the letter box.Simple yet creative.

Upon finding a table, you would have to make a bee line to the counter to place your order and to pay for your food as well.

It would be awesome if they provide us with a printed menu. I wouldn’t have to squint in order to read from the blackboard behind the counter to decide what to order. Although, I would have to admit that the huge blackboard menu is unique and impressive.



The counter of the cafe.
There are tiny ornaments near the counter for 
you to discover.



The menu on the blackboard.
It is fulled of words!
It would be good with a printed one.

I love how they decorated it with the metal
containers of the good old days.


Wooden tables, metal chairs and paintings on wooden boards can be seen around the cafe. In fact, you can catch a glimpse of the kitchen if you were seated near there. The cafe can be packed with patrons during lunch time on a weekend. You need to spend some time to wait for your food though it might take for around half an hour. Plus, I heard that they prepare their own pasta O.O I am not quite sure bout it though.




The metal container for cutlery and napkins.
I used to drink soup using that when I 
was a kid.

Dunno if my aunts still have it at their place?



 The dining section near the entrance.

See the metal chairs?
It brings back old memories when I was a kid
as we used to have this in wedding banquets
which were held in a big hall.
I almost forgotten that it exist.O.O



(From left to right)
 Mango and passion fruit
 (it is around RM10 -14, I guess, I can't remember)

The drink is rather concentrated and it would be better
if it is not that thick since it would help quench
our thirst. Nevertheless, I like the refreshing taste.

Iced Hazelnut Latte @ RM14.00

Iced Caramel Latte @ RM14.00

The iced lattes taste lovely.
Just that, they seems to be pricey as the serving
is rather small.

I didn't go gaga over latte art this time round as
I pretty much needed a cool drink due to the hot weather.
Maybe, next time.



Ice chocolate @ RM 14.00

Wow...it has a thick and rich flavour.



Today's Special (during our visit)
Pesce Di Mare Al Farfalle
 Stew Seafood in Wine, Tomato and
 Fish Broth with Ribbon Pasta @ RM 40.00

This is a must try as the soup/gravy is
simple unforgettable.The seafood is 
fresh with big chunks of fish and huge prawns.
The flavours really go well with the pasta
and it does not smell fishy or overwhelming
due to the seafood.

The only complain is that we only have 4
ribbon pasta in this dish.



Homemade Fettuccine with Tomato Puree
and Pork Bacon @ RM 28.00

I love my pasta with tomato puree and
this is not disappointing after all.

The homemade fetuccine is good and smooth
and the salty taste of the bacon does blend
well with the sweet sourish taste of the source.
I would like to have this again in the near future. 



Speghetti Carbonara With Pork Bacon @ RM 23.00

This carbonara is slightly different from the others
we have tasted as they included an egg (raw or slightly
cooked, I have no idea) instead of relying on cream 
for the texture an flavour.

It is unique and taste quite good.
However, according to my buddy, you will be
overwhelmed by the taste and it is advised to be
shared if you are not a carbonara fan.

At least you get to try other food with your friends. 



Spaghetti Aglio Olio and Peperoncino
with Pork Bacon @ RM 23.00

Bacon! Bacon!
You taste remarkable with everything. 

Well, another delectable pasta and it is good.
The pasta is chewy and it goes well with the ingredients.


We had a good time there though the service can be improved. We planned to get extra plates since we are sharing our food, but the waitress was too fast and we didn't manage to stop her. We were chit chatting and we couldn't yell like 'Stop! Plates please!'. It would be rather rude, isn't it? =.=

I would appreciate it if water is available for diners, as well as printed menus. For the food, it tastes amazing but the portion is rather small,yet pricey. I do not recommend sharing if you have a big appetite for food.

Well, I did read about mix reviews, ranging from bad to good about this place. I guess they might have improved since we didn't encounter any bad 'services' by the owner, nor the waitress. 
Lovely environment, great food and nostalgic. But, there are still ample spaces to be improved and I would love to go back for the food in the near future.

Food: 8/10 (they are good, really, I love most of the pasta ordered, except that it is rather pricey)

Ambiance: 9/10 (cool, comfortable and cosy, if you are a fan of vintage decor)

Address:
No. 262 & 264, Beach Street, George Town Penang.

Business Hours: 10am - 5pm (daily), Close on Mondays (got to know it from some blogs ^^)

Comments