Eden @ Hutton Lane, Penang

Eden has ended their business.
Gonna miss this nostalgic restaurant.

Eden at Hutton Lane is one of the old restaurant that has been around Penang since 1964. It was known as Adam's Terrace and Eve's Gardenia last time. As far as I know, Eden is famous for its western fare, such as steak, lobster and oxtail soup. But, I only tried their set lunch and dinner through out my visit to Eden.

 I have been there for lunch and dinner with my mom and aunt for a dozen of time till I managed to snap some photos of this place.

I went there for dinner during Christmas and we ordered 2 different types of set dinners which came with an appetiser, main course, dessert and tea/coffee. The Christmas Turkey set was RM 58.00, while the other set (Fisherman's Seafood Platter) was RM38.00.



The Eden Caesar salad for appetiser.
Fresh lettuce, chunks of cheese and croutons.
Decent enough for me.




Manhattan Fresh Seafood Chowder

As far as I can remember, crab stick and pasta can be found in this soup.
Not to my liking as I am not really a fan of crab stick.

Besides, hot buns with butter was served before the soup.
That was one of my fav while going to Eden for my set lunch or dinner. 




 The main course: Fisherman's Seafood Platter

The fish fillet is delicious with freshly
 squeezed lime juice and Tartare sauce.
The deep fried prawns is ok
and I don't really fancy the crab stick.
The mussels are good, no fishy
 smell and I like the sauce. It tastes good with the mussel.
  


 Another main course: Succulent Prime Roast Turkey

The sausage is good. However,I can't really get used
to the texture of turkey which can be a lil tough.
It was delicious when served with cranberry sauce.
It added great taste to the meat.
The carrot was well cooked
Not too hard compared to what I have eaten
at Chili's before.



The dessert of the day!
Christmas pudding with ice-cream. Yum!



The hearty Christmas dinner ended with a hot cup of soothing tea to wash down everything.



Oh well, about the interior of Eden, it was based on the under water ocean theme with murals of ocean floor with uneven wall texture to represent the corals. See the lights above the ceiling, it represents the corals glowing. A good ambiance to have a meal there. The dim candles on the tables created a romantic atmosphere. Perhaps a venue for candlelight dinner?


The interior of Eden @ Hutton Lane


  
The glowing corals as lights


Good environment, great dinner and good service. The waiter and waitresses are polite and they are fast. I've seen them around the restaurant since I was a kid and they must have worked there for a long time.

Plus, do take note of an interesting mural near the entrance. It is fascinating and I shall decode it here in the future. 

Food: 8/10 (decent...and good...perhaps I shall try those on the menu and stop eating only the set lunch/ dinner...lol)

Ambiance: 8/10 (old, cosy, romantic and great)

More Info and location:
Eden @ Hutton Lane (opened from
15, Jalan Hutton, 10050 Penang.

Tel: 04-2639262

Link: Eden

Comments