Dong Hua Chinese Restaurant (東華飯店) @ Dongdaemun, Seoul (Korea)

I am back once again after taking a rather long break away from blogging.
Well, apart from taking a break from work, I did travel to Korea last week and I managed to sample something different, instead of having the same food that I have tried during my trip years ago.

I came across Dong Hua Chinese Restaurant (東華飯店) when I was looking for information online. Seems that they serve good jajangmyeon (black bean sauce noodles) and most bloggers recommend travellers to give it a try. I saw some photos with Korean television channels printed on the photos at the entrance. Perhaps they have been to the restaurant for a review and I supposed the food should be good.



Pickled radish, onions and black bean sauce were served
prior serving the noodles. Water is provided too.



Seafood noodles with bean sauce (三鮮醬面)
@ 8,000 won

As stated, this noodles come with 3 types of seafood
and I can only be certain that it include prawns. Hehe
The other two might be squid or clam.

The noodles tastes good and the sweetness of the
seafood does give a unique flavour to this dish.
However, the seafood pretty much covers
the flavour of the black bean sauce.



Noodles with bean sauce (炸醬面) or Jajangmyeon
@ 5,000 won

This tastes better than the seafood's in my opinion
as the aroma of the black bean sauce made the
noodles more appetising and it is flavourful
due to the salty black bean paste.

The black bean sauce is smooth and it can be greasy.
The onions do give the dish an appetising aroma,
plus, I really love the chewy texture of the noodles.
The noodles do get me slurping away.



A page of the menu.
It is in Chinese and English.
They do serve rice and other Chinese
stir-fried dishes.



The interior of the restaurant.
Chinese paintings, lanterns and wooden
furniture. It looks like some Chinese
restaurant I came across in TV at a random
China Town elsewhere.


Another corner of the dining area.



The facade of the restaurant.
It is next to Etude House and opposite the side 
entrance of Dongdaemun's Migliore.



The direction to Dong Hua Chinese Restaurant.
You can use the light blue line (Line 4) or the green line (Line 2)
(Dongdaemun History and Cultural Park)

Use exit 14 of Line 2 would be easier as you only
have to go straight, pass by Hello APM and turn into 
the road once you see Migliore.
Hyundai City Outlet is right behind Migliore btw.


Dong Hua does serve marvellous jajangmyeon and it has a different taste as compared to what I have tried at Omori years ago. Both are good nevertheless and it is great to discover something scrumptious during your travel. 


Business hours: 11 a.m. - 5.30 a.m. (the next day) ←Based on what I found online


Comments