Anak Kulim Cafe @ Kulim, Kedah Darul Aman

It has been a long time since I last write an entry as I have been pretty busy due to studying.

I love trying out different food, especially finding unique latte art and I am thankful that a colleague of mine (who happens to be my primary school sensei) took me to Anak Kulim for a farewell lunch in August, before I started my college in September.

It was just opened for a couple of months and it is good to see a cafe in the small Kulim Town.
In stead of going all the place to Penang, this can be a good option.



The cafe is located on the left row of shop houses,
just before the Kulim Post Office.
You can see the sign outside the shop.




Wooden robots welcome the diners.
It is unique and reminds me of the robots 
of Laputa. 



Another one inside the cafe.
Looks cool.



A glimpse of the dining area.
Lots of wooden furniture and they create
a vintage ambiance.



The dining area and the coffee bar.



 We took a seat by the window and you get to see
the view outside, plus the kitchen.
Love the nostalgic feeling.



The menu on a small blackboard.
Unique! But, I am not sure if they
change the menu every day.



Nasi Lemak @ RM8.90

It was served with curry chicken but my colleague
requested for chilli paste prawn (sambal udang if not 
mistaken). ^^

It tastes lovely and I really love the flavour of the prawns.
Perhaps I am not a picky eater. Hehe



Eggplant rice @ RM 7.90

I am not a fan of eggplant but I ordered it anyway. :D

It came with some cucumber and sunny side up.
I am impressed that the eggplants are good.
Have yet tasted an eggplant dish which makes me 
love it. ^^

It has enough flavours and you won't feel the bitterness.
I would love to have it again.



Green Tea Latte @ RM 6.90

Honey Lemon @ RM 3.90

I had my first green tea latte and well,
I do not really fancy the taste as it is towards
the bitter side. O.o

I did feel overwhelming as I was new
 to the combination of milk and green
tea. Nevertheless, I love the presentation
of the latte. Pretty!



The tiny easel blackboard at the entrance
with that day's special. XD


I had a great time with my sensei, though it was a gloomy rainy afternoon.
I will suggest this to my buddies for a try as I have yet tried everything in the menu.


Business Hours: 
Updated (from the FB page I saw earlier)
Tuesday - Saturday (12 noon - 8 pm)
Sunday (12 noon - 6 pm)
Close on Mondays

Contact and Address: Anak Kulim's FB Page

Comments