The Library Coffee Bar @ Bukit Mertajam, Penang

Please take note that this cafe is no longer in business

Happy New Year 2015, everyone!

It has been a busy year for me and I am glad that I managed to write something before the end of the month. To celebrate the brand new year, I went for tea with my 'food' buddy.

Lot's of eateries and cafes have been mushrooming around Penang and people are basically being spoilt for choices. ^^ We went to The Library Coffee Bar which is a stone's throw from my place. I've been there once a few weeks after the opening. However, due to my busy schedule (yup, I know...not again), I have yet shared anything.

The Library Coffee Bar is a double-story cafe and you have to place your order upon entering before finding a place to sit and enjoy your day. Seats are limited when it is packed and the dining area at the upper floor can be hot due to the evening sun's ray. Perhaps they should install blinds to make the place cooler.


The dining area on the first floor.
It would be better to go there at night.
Well, it was a November evening. ^^



Lamb Stew Pie @ RM 10.00

It is good, surprisingly.
Can't really remember the taste but I do recall
that it is decent. ^^



Fresh Fruit Waffle (Blueberry) @ RM 13.50

 This is good!
The sweet warm waffle versus the sour blueberries.
Definitely worth a try, but, perhaps I should
request them to serve my 'precious'
without the cream =.=
It makes the waffle soggy.

Waffles with ice-cream is available as well.
Still, I would like to have this again. XD



Coffee-free ice blended: Pure Vanilla (left)
Pure Caramel (right, the darker one) @ RM 13.50 each

Night time supper. So, caffeine is definitely a no-no
for us. No choice but to try in on another day.

Both beverages are sweet and I still prefer
the pure caramel ice blended.

The sweet taste and fragrance of caramel is good
as compared to the vanilla which can be overwhelming.



Fresh Fruit Waffle (Strawberry) @ RM 13.50

Waffle again.
This is ok...but I still prefer the blueberries.

However, they told me that they were out of
blueberries on Jan 1! (The horror!)

I should ask them not to serve my waffle with cream
next time. Would be better. 



 Signature drink: Espresso Shake

Mocha Espresso Shake (RM 16.50) 
and Latte Espresso Shake (RM 14.50)

The espresso shake is prepared by adding ice-cream it seems.
My latte espresso is overwhelming after I had
way too much of it. 
Well, milk and ice-cream is not a good combination.

However, I love the chocolate taste of the mocha
shake. Rich chocolaty taste and delicious.

 We ordered a piece of hazelnut carrot cheese cake (RM13.90)
which is not bad. Chunks of hazelnut in it
and it is not as rich as the cheese cake which I had tried.
Worth a try if you like the chunky texture.


A nice place to hangout in Bukit Mertajam though the place can be hot due to the sun if the table is near the window. (Shades please)
They do provide drive through service but I have no idea if the service is good.

Anyway, my friend ordered charcoal noodles at first but what she wanted was not available at the outlet as they no longer serve it. Perhaps they should label it on the menu or suggest an alternative spaghetti as we saw the other table having it.

Well, I am pleased easily and this place is still decent if you are way...waaaay to lazy to travel all the way to Penang Island just to have a cuppa with your friends.


Useful info:

Location: Impiana Gallery (Near Jusco Alma and opposite Tesco Alma, easily located)

Telephone: 04-5485539


Only service charge is included in the bill. 

Comments