La Maison Blanche Cafe @ Alma, Bukit Mertajam (Penang)

More cafes and restaurants are mushrooming around Bukit Mertajam and I saw La Maison Blanche cafe on my way to town last week. So, my friend and I decided to go there for lunch last Sunday and our main purpose was for the affogato actually.



One of the dining area which caught my attention.
The cafe is painted in white.
Wooden floor with black and white furniture.



A glimpse of the dining area.
Reminds me of some photos I saw for
cafes and restaurants overseas?

They have another dining area outside the 
cafe for fans of al fresco dining.



Decorations on the wall.
Love the photos XD




Ice Honey Lemon Tea @ RM 6.00

A refreshing drink, but it could be improved.



Chicken Burger Waffle @ RM 18.00

The portion of this dish is huge and I need my buddy's
help to finish up the fries. 
The sauce has a thick rich black pepper flavour and
you can actually taste the heat of the pepper.

However, the texture of the chicken breast is
a lil hard. Anyway, I love the waffle and this dish
is good as there are lots of greens.
It is worth a try in my opinion, if you
are a fan of black pepper sauce.

You can opt for chilli mayo or black pepper sauce 
for the burger. 



Grilled Lemon Chicken with Mango Salsa @ RM 18.00
(or Garlic Lemon Chicken as stated in the receipt,
I am confused)

I love the flavour of the salsa which goes well
with the chicken. The sweet flavour tastes good
with the tender chicken.

However, they serve spaghetti instead of mashed
potato for the side dish.
Should have stated in the menu, perhaps? 
This one is a lil pricey, imho.



Cotton candy Affogato @ RM 15.00

The star of the day!
I really love the taste of the espresso, together
with the sweet cotton candy and gelato.

The bitter sweet flavour is unforgettable and now
I have a new mission which is to hunt for
more affogato!



The facade of the cafe.
You can spot it once you go down the slope
of the drug rehabilitation centre (pusat
serenti). You won't miss it.


The decorations are lovely and I will go back again for the coffee soon, since I have only got to try their affogato. You need to place your order at the counter and pay in advance before they serve your food. So, service charge is not included in the receipt.
For this cafe, I have read both bad and good reviews. I had a good dining experience there and the food is fine if you are not picky. I will go to the cafe again for their coffee and cakes. Gonna make time for it soon. ^^


More info:

La Maison Blanche Cafe - FB Page

Business Hours: 1:00 pm - 12 mid-night (Monday to Sunday)

Address: 2806, Jalan Kampung Alma, Taman Kijiang Indah, 14000 B.M.
(Just under the hill of SMK Jalan Damai, SMK Tun Syed Sheh Shahabudin and the Drug Rehab Centre, BM).

Comments