macarons!

I've been dying to get my hands on macarons for a long time as I am tempted by the beautiful colours of em. ^^

It is kinda difficult to find macarons in penang and after searching online i stumbled upon some blogs recommending the macarons available in Ritz Cakes and Pastries located at Prima Tanjung.


The box of 6 macarons





I've bought a box the other day (2 months ago) and there are 3 flavours: chocolate, strawberry and lemon.(hope I didn't get it wrong as I'm only sure of the brown one as chocolate =.= gomen...)However, I found that macarons are too sweet for me and the texture are not the same as cookies. Unlike its fancy name and colouful 'appearance', I am not a fan of macarons after all even though the macarons i bought was not bad actually. ><





Anyway, back to the cake of Ritz Cakes and Pastries. They are good. I've tried their green tea cake last Christmas and I like the taste of it. XD

I bought a black forest cake during father's day. I like the cake decoration. Unlike the usual black forest cake, white icing with cherries on top and chunks of chocolate flakes. XD It is unique.

The beautiful Black Forest Cake :3



The cake texture is smooth and delicate and it melts in your mouth instantly. However, the filling of the cake is not rich, as compared to the usual Black Forest Cake. I mean,if you like your Black Forest cake with thick jam, plus sweet cherries, you should go for Secret Recipe's. If you were a fan of good cake texture, then it will be Ritz's. ^^

Time to taste more cakes there soon. They are beautiful yet tempting. :P

Check out the site of the bakery: Ritz Cakes and Pastries

Comments