Dragon-I @ Gurney Plaza

Dragon-I is a Chinese restaurant serving the specialties ranging from the regions of  Shanghai, Szechuan, Beijing and Lanzhou.

I used to frequent Dragon-I of Queensbay mall whenever I went shopping once in a blue moon. The Terra-cottar warrior of the ancient Chinese empire at Queensbay's restaurant always remind me of my bestie, who is in fact a Xian's Terra-cotta army fanatic.

However, Gurney Plaza's restaurant is based on the red and black themed traditional interior decoration which is typical of Dragon-I's. IMHO, nothing fancy there, except some potteries and baskets. I didn't pay enough attention when I was there.
 
Well, normally, I go to Dragon-I just for their Shanghai Xiao Long Bao and also their ice-blended dessert.
The Xiao Long Bao of Dragon-I's is simply the best I can find so far. I tried those from Xuan Xin Restaurant before. It is a let down as the dumpling is too dry.   

OK...I went there for tea after shopping with my mom in October and we ordered something light:


Glutinous Rice Ball Mango Ice with Sago @ RM9.00

Ahem...kinda expensive, but this is my fav, besides the Honey Dew Iced Blended sago.
The rice ball is chewy with generous amount of mango. Not bad.
The price increased over the years...and I only go there once in a long time when I am craving for it.



 Spring Roll @ RM 8.00

Just some normal spring rolls...nothing special or unique.
Kinda regretted that I ordered this...but I dunno what to try from the menu. T.T



Shanghainese Steamed Meat Dumpling 
(Shanghai Xiao Long Bao) @ RM 9.80

My main purpose of going to Dragon-I. The Mango dessert and the Xiao Long Bao!
It is a must try. Delicious with the well seasoned pork plus sweet tasty soup.
You need to be careful with your chopstick to prevent pocking the thin skin which 
caused the soup to seep out. I've mastered the technique though. lolz
Oh ya...you can dab some black vinegar with a few shred of ginger to add in more flavour. 

  

If you were to go there for a meal, I would recommend the Stir-fried Black Pepper Ramen (La Mian), Steamed Rice with Chicken, Mushroom and Chinese Sausage (the serving is big) and Szechuan Dan Dan La Mian which are still worth a try.


Food: 6/10 (I only fancy the Xiao Long Bao and ice-blended dessert...the main dishes from the menu is just okay...well, good enough to fill a hungry stomach if you are not that choosy).

Ambiance: 8/10 (classy oriental design...but Queensbay Mall's is unique because of the terra-cotta warriors. XD)
Price: Rather expensive and no set meals available for you to get something more affordable.

Comments