Northam Beach Cafe @ Penang

East meets west! That's what I can say when you ask me bout Northan Beach Cafe.

Northam Beach Cafe is a food court (or rather known as hawker centre to us locals XD) located at Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah which is well know for the beautiful colonized era's bungalows. XD

Well, this eatery is well know for Penang's famous hawker food, as well as some international delights, such as Japanese food, Philippine's,  French and Italian.( There used to be a Mexican food stall though)

I recommend this eatery to my friends whenever they drop by Penang as this is a good place for great food, besides the great ambiance facing the sea and cool breeze for the open-aired section of the food court. I like this place as you won't be disturbed by people asking for donation and stuff.



 
 The entrance of Northam Beach Cafe.

 There are ample parking spaces available, 
but I will go there for dinner before 7 p.m. to avoid the big crowd.




The open-aired section. 
It would be amazing to dine under the starry breezy nite sky.


The food stalls line around the eatery.




Fried Tang Hoon (冬粉) @ RM 5.00
The taste is ok...not too bad, but it is rather pricey due to a few prawns (2-3of them) in the dish.


Mua Chee (Steamed glutenous rice with peanut sauce) @ RM3.30

This is always a fav of mine!!!! It is known as the best in Penang and I simply love the unique taste of it.
Apart from the original flavoured mua chee that we can find around Penang, 
they have other variety as well, such as green tea, sweet corn, pandan, blackcurrant (not blue berry i guess) and others that you can mix and match according to your taste buds.



Ambarella juice @ RM2.70

Umbra juice (without sour plum for me) is a must!!! We call that as umbra locally.
Looking at this photo makes me drool instantly. :P I like the 'sourness' of this drink. 



Besides the ones posted, I've tried other food of Northam Beach Cafe as well: Hokkien noodles (not bad...one of my fave) , Java noodles, grilled fish, dim sum, sizzling hotplate noodles, porridge, German sausage (yummy!) and others.
Here are some photos taken during my past visit to the cafe:



Wunderbar German Sausage

The sausage is delicious. I like the mash potaters as well.
It is one of the 'must have' of my bro when he frequent this eatery. 





Java noodles @ RM4.00

The taste is ok...but rather expensive.
My mom ordered that the other day too (forgotten to snap the photo =.=)
IMHO, a more delicious noodles can be found in other parts of the island.


To sum up, Northam is a place for good food and unique foreign delights. I'll post more photos and try more variety of local delights on my next visit.
Should stop myself from ordering the same thing again and again. lolz

Food: 8/10 (mostly good, some are just so-so)

Ambiance: 7/10 ( a good place with cool sea breeze at the open-aired section XD)

Price: Can be somehow expensive, but it still depend on what you ordered.


More info:
Business Hour 6.00pm – 11.00pm (Closed on Tuesday)
Wi-fi is available.

Comments