Winter Warmers @ Gurney Plaza

Fancy for a classic English-styled afternoon tea at Gurney Plaza?

Well, you can drop by Winter Warmers as the offer a variety of tea and other beverages, plus delicious food (cakes, waffers, scones, cheese baked macaroni, local delights and etc.) served by using beautifully decorated fine bone china tea sets, as well as dishes. XD
Winter Warmers is a good place to drop by for brunch, lunch and even dinner due to the reasonable price when you order your food based on a great variety of set meals available. That explains why I often go there for my meals when I am on a shopping spree at Gurney Plaza.
(Dang! not again..i tend to order the same food again...and again...and again)

Usually, my mom and I will order the  set meal which consists of an appetizer (a small plate of salad), a pot of hot black/green tea, a main dish and a dessert. If not mistaken, the set meal is only available during lunch time (12pm - 3 pm) and dinner time (6pm-9pm).
You can upgrade the tea for the beverages of your choice for only adding RM1.00.

The menu of the set meal is well illustrated with photos of the food served and you can see some photos of the food served through out the menu. So, you'll know what you'll be getting to fill your growling stomach...lolz




Macaroni Cheese Bake Set Meal @ RM 17.52 (with no upgrades for beverages)
(I got 20% discount as I'm a member and I went there on weekdays)
The cheese is creamy and simply too delicious to resist. 
Everything is delicious and you won't feel too 'full'
after finishing the whole portion of cheese baked macaroni. Yummy! 




 Iced Mixed Fruit Cocktail --> paid RM1.00 to upgrade my tea ^^

I tried a tea called 'Gun Powder' before.
I like the slight bitter taste of it. Don't be deceived by the name.
The tea was great!

 However, I tried 'Loving Tea' a long time ago.
Kinda tasted funny with heavy flowery smell. Not my piece of cake anyway.






The adorable dessert served after
your set meal. (They will stated it in the menu)
However, you must remind our dear
waiters and waitresses to serve
you the dessert as they will
 forget it when they are busy..... >.<



Afternoon Tea for one (set meal) @ RM15.21
(with 10% of discount due to weekends)
 Another fav of mine!!! The scone is crispy and warm.
You can eat it on its own or with butter and jam.
There are a selection of food on the platter:
cake, fruits, sandwich, scone and cookies





  
 Tuna Waffer (eaten this for quite sometime...forgotten the price :P )
Another of my fav! Waffer!
They have a selection of waffer: ice-cream, fruits,
tuna, chicken and etc...etc...(can't recall...gomenasai)
 I recommend fruits waffer and tuna waffer.
The ice-cream waffer is ok, but still
I prefer the one from A&W.



 
 Lots of red beans.



 Forgotten the name of this beverage. Perhaps ice-blended latte?
I ordered this in June (late posting again!) and
I used to like it when I tried last year until I tasted
 pepper in the red beans when I reached
 the bottom of my drink Ewwww~~~.







 The beautiful cup used to serve the tea. <3
(an old photo found in my FB account )




Overall, Winter Warmers is a decent place for your meals and tea. It is beautiful decorated with floral wallpaper and table cloth...plus, wooden chair to bring out the English ambiance in the restaurant.
Some food are delicious...some are ...well...ok...but still, I do recommend this place for a lovely afternoon tea or get together.
I shall update more on this. XD

Food: 8/10

Price: 7/10 (still reasonable for a cafe located in a mall)

Ambiance: 8/10 (lovely...simply sweet and lovely...not for guys though)

Notes: Besides Gurney Plaza, Winter Warmers is available at Queensbay Mall, Auto City and Sunway Butterworth (all Penang). You can find this cafe in KL as well.


Comments