Chili's Grill and Bar Restaurant @ G Hotel, Gurney, Penang


After a movie on last Thursday night, my bestie and I decided to go to G Hotel’s Chili’s for dinner since we couldn’t decide on what to have for dinner at Gurney Plaza. =.=




I haven’t been to Chili’s for a while and usually, I only fancy trying out different types of cocktails and margaritas. Anyway, I’ve come across some blogs’ entries about the poor qualities of the eatery. However, my last few visits were pleasant, except that the service was slow when you asked for the bill.  Hmm…I do have a few bad experiences at certain eateries. IMHO, it depends on the situation, our luck and also the people who are serving us.

Back to my review, since we were not really starving (yup, popcorn and soda filled our stomach…lol), we ordered a cocktail, a margarita and firecracker fish fillet. Plus, you can choose to seat at the smoking or non-smoking area at Chili's.




Presidente Margarita @ RM 23.95
(a mixture of Sauza Gold Tequila, Cointreau & Brandy)
The recommended margarita from the menu. 
You can refill your own glass
from the cocktail shaker once you’ve emptied em. 
For this margarita, it shouldn’t be left too long with the diluted ice as the taste is not so good.




Twisted Lemonade @ RM 18.95
(a mixture of citrus vodka and Triple Sec)
Not bad. I like the refreshing taste of it. Perhaps of the lemon I guess.  




Firecracker Fish Fillet @ RM28.95
Our main course! Dory fish fillet served with sweet and spicy sauce garnished with
red chile tapenade and sesame seeds. 
The fish fillet is marinated well and it is well cooked.  
 The dish is served with vegetables (broccoli +  carrots)
and rice, but we changed the rice to black pepper mash potato.
I like the taste of the mash potato. Soft and creamy with a hint of pepper. 
The carrots are rather hard though.




The decoration behind our seat.




The decoration on the wall.
Buffalo wings! (Perhaps I should try it)




Heinz chilli sauce and ketchup
Plus, salt and pepper shaker on the table.


Well, I’ve been to Chili’s for a few times. To have a meal which is worthy, you can order the soft drinks and fruit juice, which are bottomless.  Plus, the Bottomless Tostada Chips. You can refill it till your heart desire. XD It tastes good with the salsa.

The food is kinda pricey for those who are on a tight budget. Nevertheless, the serving of food is big and it is suitable for 2 persons if you have a small appetite.

I will go to Chili’s again in the near future to try out more food from the menu. Like I said, I should stop my habit of ordering the same food again and again.

Food: 7/10 (ok...not too bad)

Ambiance: 7/10 (American styled eatery...it can be a good place to catch up with friends. XD)

Comments