Pasta de Waraku @ The Central (Clarke Quay), Singapore

During my trip to Singapore recenlty, I went to Clarke Quay for a stroll along the river bank as well as to experience the night life there and to have my dinner.

I went to Clarke Quay for Mayday's autograph session years ago when I was in universities and I really like the restaurants there which displays the sample of food served outside the shop. I made a vow that I shall try out one of the restaurant once I start working. Haha (was a poor student last time).

And...Tada! Here I am at Pasta de Waraku!




The sample of food displayed outside (inside as well) the shop.
They look real. 




Spaghetti with 'kerang'...ahemm...cockles perhaps.



Inside the restaurant. More cute food sample display!


When I saw the menu, I was too excited. It features Japanese styled pasta and pizza mostly (Japanese styled curry rice included as well)  which I can rarely get in Penang. Ok...I settled for BBQ Pork and Mushroom spaghetti with yakitori sauce and Waraku pizza with Tartar sauce. 



This is our starter. =.=
A small dish of salad?
(lettuce and tomatoes with a dash of balsamic vinegar)



 Waraku Pizza with Tartar Sauce @ $15.80 (regular)

Oishi desu! The shrimp is fresh and sweet. Plus, the cheese is thick and creamy.
The pizza base is thin and crispy. I like the combination of vegetables and sausage as well.
Unique yet tasty!



BBQ Pork and Mushroom Spaghetti with Yakitori Sauce @ $15.80 (spicy with garlic)

The taste is fine. However, I don't really like the texture of the spaghetti.
Perhaps I only prefer my pasta with thick tomato sauce.
IMHO, not much pork and mushroom in this dish.




Maccha Milkshake @ $6.80

Not too sweet. Just the way I like it. 
But, need to drink it as soon as you can to prevent the ice to melt which will dilute the drink.




 Our table. You can add as much cheese powder on your pizza as you fancy. 



I like this Japanese concept restaurant. The pizza is special and delicious. Too bad I can't sample the dessert as I was too full because of the big serving of food. 

Nevertheless, I shall try out different flavour of pizza in the menu once I have the chance again. 

Food: 7/10 (luv the pizza)

Ambiance: 8/10 (lovely sample of food displayed...kawaii desu ne!)

Comments