Set Lunch at Xuan Xin Restaurant @ Gurney Plaza

I've been in and out from Xuan Xin Restaurant for a few times whenever I am in Gurney Plaza for a shopping spree. I should have blog about this for a long time.=.=

Well, Xuan Xin Restaurant serves affordable set meals which my mom likes, besides dim sum, noodles and other Chinese food. There are a large variety of dishes to choose from and the taste is not bad. The price is decent for the food available in a busy shopping mall.

We went there again for lunch during the Chinese New Year week and ordered the four person's set meal which costs RM 59.80. Besides rice, you can opt for porridge. You will also be served a bowl of the 'Soup of the Day' for each person. I'm not a fan of the soup as it is salty and thin ( you can rarely find any vegetables or meat inside, unless you are lucky perhaps). 

For the 4 person's set menu, you can choose a stir-fried vegetables, plus 3 additional dishes. 




The setting of the table.
We ordered a pot of chrysanthemum tea @ RM7.20 as well.
The hot water can be refilled from time to time.




Stir-fried Venison with Black Bean Sauce

It tastes good. The venison is tender.
However, too much onions in this dish. Onions are all I can see in the leftover.





Stir-fried Broccoli + Sweet and Sour Chicken Cubes

For the veg tables, there are a few choices for you too choose from: broccoli, kai lan, bak choy and others.

For the chicken, it is crispy and the taste is ok.
However, I don't really like the reddish colour of the sauce which is too 'red'.





Braised Bean Curd with Vegetables in Clay pot

This is my fav! I am a fan of tofu and bean curd. XD
A generous serving of vegetables in it.
The bean curd is well cooked with the soft texture in side.
Too bad I am not a fan of fatty pork in this dish.
But yet...I can't resist the bean curd. ^^





Ordered this Xiao Long Bao when I went for dinner last year.
The bun seems too dry. I prefer my bun to have lots of soup
 and well marinated meat as filling.
Quite a let down anyway.




Besides the dish shown, I've ordered the lemon chicken (crispy chicken and lemon sauce are good together), salted fish stir fried bean sprouts and corn crab soup which are not bad.

I will go back to Xuan Xin for their affordable set meals again..perhaps once in a while as I do not really like to repeat the same dishes again and again. (Why do I always do that? >.>)

The service is ok...but the shop will be packed and the service is slow during peak lunch and dinner time. So, be early or maybe late in the afternoon to avoid waiting too long.


Food: 7/10 (still ok...decent)

Ambiance: 7/10 (clean contemporary design...a good place for Chinese Food)

Location: 3rd floor of Gurney Plaza's New Wing (Next to Sakae Sushi)

Check this out: Xuan Xin Restaurant


Comments