Swensen's @ Gurney Plaza, Penang

This outlet is no longer available at Gurney Plaza.

I have been thinking of having a meal at Swensen's for a while since I haven't really tried the food there. I only went to Swensens twice and that was like two, three years ago. Had ice-cream during my last visit with my friends though.

Anyway, during my shopping trip with my family, we actually get some vouchers from Gurney Plaza due to their Chinese New Year promotion (or something like that) at the info counter. So, we decided to have our dinner there and gave the food a try. XD




The interior of Gurney Plaza's Swensen's
Full of Chinese New Year's red decoration.



The counter and interior of Swensen's



The lamp bearing the word 'Swensen's '



Hot Lemon Tea @ RM 4.90

The tea smells good at first with the lemon slice in it.
However, it gets bitter and well...the small is kinda strong for me.
This Lipton tea sachet is not my liking after all.



Hawaiian Pizza @ RM 20.90

From the menu's description: chicken cold cut, green pepper, pineapple, mushrooms,
onions and cheese on a tomato base.

Thin crust pizza. The taste is ok. No complains. 
But, I still miss the pizza I had at Singapore. 



Chicken Victoria @ RM17.90

It doesn't look the same as it shows on the menu.
However, the grilled chicken is fine. So-so.
Well, i prefer a thicker gravy to go with the chicken.
The mashed potato is good...but the vegetables can be a lil hard. 



Sourdough 49ers Chicken @ RM17.90

I like this one. The cheese add in flavour to the chicken slices and turkey strips.
Plus, the buns are soft and good. XD Not bad.
This dish comes with coleslaw and chips.



Fish and Chips @ RM 17.90

No complains for this. The fish is fresh and crispy.
I like it with a lil dash of lime juice. ^^
Not bad. But, there are still better fish and chips that I've tasted.


The food at Swensen's is ok. But , I still prefer the ice-cream served there.
I had the Crunchie Cones before ( Choco Pop and Classic Vanilla).
Hmmm ... not really my liking as they are too hard...very hard to bite...(as in Hard...not meaning 'difficult' here)

Food : 6/10 (so-so...nothing really delicious that i will order again)

Ambiance: 7/10

Link: Swensen's Penang

Comments