Face To Face Noodles House (面对面)@ Penang Times Square, Penang

I am not a fan of pan mee. (板面 as in homemade noodles in Mandarin). 
No matter how people tell me how delicious it was…I refused to eat or order it as I have tasted soup pan mee which was not appealing when I was in high school. The anchovies did not go well with the broth which was murky due to the flour of the noodles. 

But, today, my bestie  managed to drag me along and changed my impression on homemade noodles.  She told me that KL pan mee is not the same as what I tasted and she guaranteed that I will fall in love…desperately in love with this noodles.

She made it and I would like to say that the noodles served in Face to Face Noodle House is simply awesome.  
 
There are 4 types of noodles to choose from: Thick, Thin, Pinch and Mee Sua. (check out the menu in the link given towards the end of the post). Only certain noodles are served for certain selection of noodles dish. They will state it clearly in the menu as well... XD



 
3 Layered Wheat Grass Milk Tea @ RM5.00
(小麦草三色奶茶)


My friend recommended this.
She told me that this beverage is towards the sweet side.
However, I kinda like it...not too sweet for me.
I miss this layer tea I had in Sarikei years ago.



A jar of chili paste and a metal tray of assorted chillies.



House specialty soup noodles @ RM6.90
 (招牌清汤板面)

 My friend ordered this. The soup is not bad.
It goes well with the noodles.
My friend put some chili paste from the big jar (refer to the previous photo).
Added more flavour to it.


 
House Speciality Hot and Spicy Pan Mee @ RM 6.90
(招牌香辣板面

Wow...I was amazed by the state.
Unlike the normal Pan Mee that i had years ago, this is good.
I went for the thin variety of homemade noodles.
The texture is chewy (very Q), better than the homemade noodles I've tried.
The anchovies are crispy, the finely minced pork has enough flavour.
Plus the half-cooked egg...the taste is simply irresistible.
Add in some chili paste as well, a hint of spicy really made it more tantalising.
You'll be served a bowl of soup as well. XD



My noodles: after mixing everything together and ready for nomming.



A big board near the entrance.
It is the story behind the establishment of the eatery.
I'm amazed that the owner was from Sarawak.
Started by selling Kolok Mee?
Yup...they have Kolok Mee in the menu.
Feel like glomping the menu and shall try it next time.
(I miss Kolok Mee so...so...much!)



The entrance of the eatery.
This is their first branch in Penang.
Heard that this shop is popular around KL. XD


Oh well...I was not disappointed and I can say that I've found the best pan mee so far.
Gonna go there again. ^^


Food: 9/10 (luv it...luv it...luv it...yet it is not pricey...No government tax included)

Ambiance: 7/10 (clean eatery...they have al fresco dining and you can opt to dine upstairs as well)

More information and menu: Face to Face Noodles House

Face to Face Noodles House
77-G-7, Ground Floor,
Penang Time Square.
(Same row as Times Square's Swensen's)

Comments