Dinner @ Northam Beach Cafe,Penang

Penang is famous for its local delicacies (which is known as hawker food by most of us here).

I went to Northam Beach Cafe for dinner again. Well, ordered something new for a try rather then sticking to the normal food I used to eat. It ended up in a bitter sweet note nevertheless.




The al fresco and shielded dining area of Northam Beach Cafe.
It is one of Penang's Hawker Centre (food court to be  precise).




Ambarella juice without sour plum is a must for me.
I simply adore the authentic taste of it,
without addition of anything

I had it for RM 2.70 previously.
Can't remember how much I paid this time.
But it is less than RM 3.00 for a mug I'm sure




Hokkien Noodles @ RM3.50

One of my fav local noodle dish.
However, the  taste for the one available here is so-so.
Still ok for me as I am not that picky.
The portion seems a lil small to me based on the price charged.




Popiah @ RM 3.80 for 2 rolls
Popiah is a Fujian style spring role which has a thin paper-like crepe (pancake skin)
made from wheat flour.
Sweet sauce will be spread on the skin and the main ingredients are stir-fried
turnip, bean sprouts, french beans, lettuce and tofu.

This is ok. Not too bad. 
However, the one sold at Padang Brown still made my day.




Kolo Mee @ RM 5.00

One of my fav dish from Sarawak is Kolok Mee and I've been craving for it.
Ordered this the other day and it did let me down.

It is expensive yet the noodles is starchy.
The reddish colour looks weird.
The green vegetables are rather dry with lots of pepper on top.
I also found that it is rather tasteless.
Nothing unique and soup is no included? O.o

I had better and yummy one at Taman University (JB)
This is not recommended at all.




Fried stuff @ RM 5.00

I have no idea what it is called as my aunt ordered it.
The stall is located on the right hand side
when you come in from the entrance if not mistaken.

Tsk...tsk...I have no idea the exact location thought.
I will find out. XP





It has seaweed and crab meat in it.
Pretty good while eaten hot with chili sauce.
However, it can be lil expensive.
Still worth it for me as I like it.



Well, guess I won't be back here anytime soon, perhaps after a few months when I am craving for something as the food is kinda pricey here. 
Not all the food is delicious, as far as I know, only a few worth a try in my opinion.


My previous post on Northam Beach Cafe:

Comments