Taiwanese Tea Room, Xian Ding Wei ( 鲜定味 ) @ Auto City, Prai, Penang

I haven't seen my pals for a while and we decided to meet up at Auto City to grab some lunch while chatting. XD

After some consideration (fast food restaurant is a no-no), we decided to go to Xiang Ding Wei (Taiwanese Tea Room) since we haven't been there for a while. It is a Chinese Restaurant serving Taiwanese food and delicacies, but imho, they have somehow localised the menu.




The menu of Taiwanese Tea Room
Maroon pinkish with embedded floral design




Taiwan Original Pearl Milk Tea
台湾原味珍珠奶茶 @ RM 4.90

The milk tea is fine as it is not too sweet.
The serving is moderate, not too expensive.
However, nothing unique as it is 
just a simple milk tea with pearls (tapioca chewy balls)



 Dragon Fruit Juice @ RM 6.90

My friend ordered this.
The serving is moderate and it tastes fine.



Black Sesame Snow Ice 

黑芝麻雪花冰 @ 8.90

Snow Ice! My fav of all!
I ordered the black sesame flavour for a try and it was not a let down at all.

It tastes sweet, but not too sweet.
I like the combination of red beans and the snow ice.
They complimented well.
However, I do find that the texture is not smooth enough and
the serving seems to be small as compared to the other places which I've tried.

Nevertheless, it is still worth a try as it is yummy!



A close look of the black sesame snow ice with red beans 
and peanut flakes



Xiao Long Bao

小龙包 @ 9.90

Another fav dish of mine.
Well, the soup within the bun is not salty, 
as well as its meat filling.
Not bad, as it is worth a try.
Hmmm...I still prefer the ones in Dragon-I though.



Taiwanese Style Salted Crispy Chicken

盐酥鸡 @ RM 11.90

It is a Taiwanese snack and based on the menu,
it is one of the chef's recommendation.
The chicken was hot, spicy and crispy.
Not as salty as it seems...lol
(nay...it is just a name 'salted crispy chicken')

My throat was dry instantly after noming this.
The crispiness was addictive.
The leaves were a kind of herbs probably which is used 
for flavouring. 
My friend claimed that it is edible. lolz
Tasted dry and weird. =3



Fried French Beans with Minced Pork

干扁四季豆 @ 17.90

Ahem...this dish is kinda pricey, we ordered it anyway.

It tastes good. The french beans are well cooked.
Plus, the flavour of the minced pork makes it appetising.
The meat is aromatic and I really like it.
A great dish to go with the humble white rice.




Taiwanese Style Wanton Noodles 

台式云吞汤面 @ RM 13.90

My friend's main course.
(my bestie and I ordered side dishes since we already taken our lunch)

The serving is big.
Nothing special when it comes to this dish, except the thin shred of ginger on top.
My friend said it tasted just like the typical Wanton Noodles
we can find outside.




The interior design of the restaurant.

See the night view of Taiwan? X3



The exterior of Xian Ding Wei.


Well, the food is pretty decent, ok for a meal even though it can be kinda expensive for those with a tight budget. Nevertheless, the snow ice, xiao long bao and their set meals (Had it at Sunway Pyramid, KL a year back) are worth a try. XD


Food: 7/10 (tastes fine, not too bad, service charge and government tax are included)

Ambiance: 7/10 (ok...clean and cosy. A place for a quick meal)


Comments

  1. I've tried the one in Queensbay Mall...It's pretty good actually...couldn't quite remember what are the dishes that I had ordered but one of them is 苍蝇头。。。the name that I won't ever forget haha...Redirected here from animepaper.net ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting name of that dish.I'll remember to check out 苍蝇头 then. Thanks for visiting my blog. Appreciate it. =3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment