Gelato @ Gelateria Italia, Singapore

My friend told me that I have to try Gelatissimo's ice-cream (to be precise Gelato) as they are simply delicious and I would not fancy other ice-cream after that. However, I brushed the idea aside as I would not want to indulge in sweet stuff as I am always on a diet or simply too full to shove in more great stuff when I was hanging out at Gurney Plaza.

Anyway, I haven’t seen the shop around Gurney Plaza a few months back, perhaps renovation or they have moved else wher . Well, I’m lucky enough to stumble upon it at the entrance of Shaw House of Orchard Road (Singapore) during my Singapore trip earlier this month. However, I was not craving for yummy stuff till I entered Takashimaya’s Food Hall in Ngee Ann City.

With my urge to satisfy my taste buds for a cool yummy dessert, I decided to try out Gelateria Italia’s Gelato. In my opinion, Gelato has a finer texture compared to ice-cream and it is indeed lighter. As far as I know, Gelato and ice-cream are different because of the ingredients and preparation.



The huge sign of the outlet: Gelateria Italia



The best thing about in Gelateria Italia’s Takashimaya is that
 they offer free sampling. Yosh~

The staff are friendly and generous to provide free samples.




My cone of Gelato =3
(Forgotten the price though, below $8.00 I guess)

I tried the cheese flavoured one (forgotten the name of it)
Too rich and not my fancy.

Decided to get two flavours: Passion Fruit and Green Tea

Luckily, they gave me a smaller scoop for Passion Fruit's as it is waaay too sour.
However, refreshing as it complemented with the creamy sweet Green Tea Gelato.
I was alert after I had the Passion Fruit Gelato @.@

Simply delicious. Now, I like Gelato rather than ice-cream. 
Because of the taste and the silky smooth texture. Yum!





Amazing colourful Gelato.
Have to try out the liquor flavor next time!


Yup. I've fallen in love with Gelato. Gonna hunt for it now. XP


Food: 8/10 ( lovely taste and texture)

Ambiance: 8/10 (a very clean food hall, too bad there is a limited place to sit and indulge the food)

Location: 391, Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City, B2, Takashimaya Food Hall

Comments

  1. Hi - Thank you very much for your lovely comments about our Gelato! Indeed we work hard to make a fresh Gelato right up to perfection every day! is all fresh, natural handcrafted in Singapore. We use no chemical, no coloring, no flavouring...we make Gelato like 1962~
    Thanks for your support and hope to serve you soon again...Philippo from Gelateria Italia :-)Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome.
    I'll definitely drop by Gelateria again during my next visit to Singapore in the near future. XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment