Berlin's Bier Houz @ Straits Quay, Penang

I don’t have a good impression when it comes to pork knuckles as I’ve tried on at the Curve KL which is not very delicious as compared to the roasted pork I can get at the local market.

Well, my friend suggested that I should try out the one available at Straits Quay and perhaps I will change my mind. Fortunately my friend managed to change my mind by suggested that we should go to Straits Quay’s Berlin’s Bier Houz.



The squarish plate.
Looks classy and I like the design.




Ice Blended Latte @ RM10.00

I like the taste. Not too sweet and rich.
The swirling shape of the whipped cream is beautiful. 
Too bad that it ended up in the tummy. X3




Cranberry Crush @ RM15.00

I used to try cocktail when I went to a bar or a restaurant.
This was my first time trying out a mocktail in order to
cut down the consumption of alcohol.

This is good. Cool yet refreshing.
A hint of sweetness and sour from the cranberry juice,
plus soda with the blended ice.

Anyway, this is best taken when it is chilled.
Once the ice melts, the taste will be diluted.



German Sausage Platter @ RM25.80

3 sausages for RM 25++ can be a bit expensive.
However, the taste is fine, not bad and you can get cheaper sausages
while eating out at Northam Beach Cafe which is equally delicious.

It is served with mayo and mustard, plus Sauerkraut
(sour cabbage or herbs it seems) which is appetising.

The sausages can be a lil salty though.




German Pork Knuckle @ RM25.00
( for 1/2 portion)

This is good, as compared to what I've eaten at KL years ago.
The skin is crispy, and not burned.
A request can be made to separate the meat from the bone.
The pork knuckled is served with Sauerkraut.
For the sauce, hmmm...it was fine.
Nothing unique and I felt that it is rather bland though.



The end of our scrumptious meal.
Gosh...my plate was dirty. =.=


The meal was not disappointed after all. I kinda like the cranberry mocktail and pork knuckle. The German sausages can be pricey. Guess I will go back again to try more mocktails, as well as sample more food.


Food: 8/10 (Service charge and Government Tax will be charged)

Ambiance: 8/10 (great al fresco dining experience, that's explained for the poor quality snap shots)

More info: Berlin's Bier Houz

Comments

  1. I agree on what you said for Berlin’s Bier Houz. I do write another review at http://malaysiafood.org/berlins-bier-houz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog.
    I haven't been there for a while and I do hope to go there again pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment