China House, Part II @ George Town, Penang

At last, we found the entrance of China House! XD

During my last visit, my bestie and I fail to locate the entrance and we ended up using the entrance of  The Canteen at the back of the restaurant on Beach Street.

It was a fine weekend, so, the restaurant was packed. It was difficult to get a table for 4, unless reservations were made for weekends. Therefore, we decided to be separated.



The entrance of China House @ Beach Street

The old shop houses are restored beautifully.



There are a selection of cakes and pastries to suit your taste.
I've yet to try most of them. XD



Long Cold Freshly Made Drinks:

Crushed Mint and Lime Soda @ RM10.00
Pineapple Mint Tea @ RM 10.00

I ordered the mint and lime soda again
as I simply can't resist its refreshing taste, together with the mint.

The pineapple mint tea is equally good as well.
It is towards the sweet side. Another good thirst quencher.



Roasted chicken focaccia @ RM 26.00

Roasted chicken with Ras-el-Hanout Spice on Focaccia with Cherry Tomatoes,
Preserved Lemon, Rocket and Coriander Salad


This dish is delicious and I like the salad very much.
Plus, I fell in love with this Italian bread and the combination of the salad
and roasted chicken is simply amazing with this
crunchy bread. My fav!



Ginger Bud Pesto Spaghetti with Grilled Chicken Beast

(Sorry, I can't recalled the price as my friends had the bill =P,
but it costs roughly RM22.00 I guess)

This is as good as the vegetarian version that I tried during
my last visit. This is as good as pasta with tomato sauce.
A new taste of pasta with ginger bud, lemon grass and local
herbs. Another fav of mine. XD



Carrot Cake with Lime Cream Cheese and Rum @ RM12.00

This carrot cake (with raisins actually ) is moist and creamy.
Not my fav as I dislike raisins.
Cheesy and towards the sweet side.



Instead of table cloth, China House uses a large sheet of Mahjoong paper.
Colourful crayons are provided and my bestie did this.
kawaii desu. X3



You can see beautiful painting, unique furniture and murals.s
I spotted this unique metal sculpture. XD

This place is full of art and it is an amazing place for food and inspiration.



The Canteen

I should go there for a drink some day.
Must be awesome with the live band.


I will definitely go back once again for the food and photo shots. Can't have enough of this place and I would love to try more unique food from the menu. XD

For this restaurant, service charge and tax are included.



Address: 183B, Victoria Street @ 153 & 155 Beach Street, George Town, Penang

Telephone Number: +0604 263 7299
                

My previous blog entry: China House @ Penang

Comments

  1. Hi Reesha,

    I recently went there and i loved it. I had fun drawing cakes with crayons on the white sheet.

    I was searching for the address and stumbled on your blog. I enjoyed reading it.

    Keep writing. xOxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tr4vel Geek,

    I'm glad to hear that you had an amazing time there.

    I'm happy that you managed to get the address of China House via my blog. XD

    Thanks for the encouragement. I will check out your blog from time to time. ^^
    Love the layout and colours. Keep it up! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment