Salad Bowl Restaurant @ Butterworth, Penang

Apart from liking soupy dishes like Udon and Ramen, I do have a craving for the Western food that we can find at local food courts or hawker centre.

Salad Bowl is a restaurant serving local and western delights, which are delicious. I have been here once in a blue moon since I was a kid and I fell in love with some of the dishes and the never fail to 'tame' my wild cravings. XP



The interior of Salad Bowl.
It is a family restaurant actually. Nothing fancy,
except cold and cosy with soothing music.





Chili sause, ketchup, salt and pepper available on the table.

Plain water will be served as well.
They are complimentary and I don't order my drinks
while dining here =P



Warm Buns with butter 
(Complimentary starters)

The buns are yummy, soft and tender as
 they were served steaming hot.
The sensation of warm bread with rich butter
 melting in your mouth issimply amazing.
 I never fail tolike it since I was a kid. X3



 Shark Fin Soup @ RM 12.00

I like shark fin soup even though we have
to save sharks.(That's why I stopped myself 
from ordering this, feel kinda guilty to enjoy
 this exotic dish)

There is a generous amount of ingredients
 (shark fins, crab meat etc) in the soup.
Thumbs up for this one.
Also, it is best served with a few drops
of dark vinegar. A hint of sourish flavour  makes
the soup more appetising.



Chicken Chop @ RM 14.50

The chicken is served with home-made sauce which is
delicious with the chicken.
Served with vegetables and fries.




Chicken Maryland A la Supreme @ RM 17.50

The deep fried chicken is crispy.
The portion is big as there are
 grilled ham, banana, pineapple,vegetables and fries.

I love the taste of the banana. XD
Plus, this is my fave dish to order
when I am craving for crispy deep fried chicken.
They are not that oily btw.



Fried Bee Hoon (Vermicelli) and Noodles @ RM 6.50

Well, this is actually fried vermicelli and noodles
in Hokkien Style. Known as 'Hokkien Char' btw.
It is equally delicious and the restaurant provided
take aways as well. X3
This was for my mom actually.



The price of the food is reasonable (depends on what you order) and the size of serving is satisfying.
I like the Western food and I've tried their Fish and Chips as well. Not bad, delicious for a local family restaurant. Gonna try something new during my next visit. XD

They open as early as 11 am. Lunch and dinner are available.
Besides, service charge and small towels will be charged in the bill. I'm happy as no tax is included.


Food: 8/10 (For the Chicken Maryland and shark fin soup)

Ambiance: 7/10 (clean and cosy...X3)

Address: 4623, Jalan Chainferry Complex, 12100 Butterworth.

Contact Number: 04-3232948

Comments

  1. The food is lovely. Haven't been there for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment