Nostalgie Cafe @ Steward Lane, Penang

Please take note that this cafe is closed.

I would love to discover a cafe which is cosy which brings back nostalgic memories of the yesterday. 

Well, after reading through some blogs online, I managed to find this, Nostalgie Cafe which is hidden in the heart of old George Town's Steward Lane. This amazing cafe is hidden behind rows of pre-war houses which is located behind the famous Goddess of Mercy temple of Penang and I haven't heard about  it until now.

To be precise, it is located a few shops after Coffee Atelier or you can say that it is located at the end of the pre-war houses opposite the metal caricatures which is known as the "Narrowest Five Foot Way", which is next to a mansion painted in green.



You can see the sign of the cafe from Coffee Atelier.
The cafe is right beside a traditional architectural
mansion which is painted in green.




The facade of Nostalgie Cafe.
I really like the design of the building which is
well restored.
The wooden windows and doors which resembles
the houses of the straits Chinese of the olden days
are indeed beautiful.

This has become the gem of the modern days.



The dining area at the entrance of the cafe.

I love the decorations!
You can see antique wooden chairs and marble tables
which reminds me of a classical Baba Nyonya house.

It brings back my memories when I was a kid
since my grandma's house used to have
these chairs and I used to dine on the
big marble table at her house. 



Paintings, porcelain Chinese vases, lamps
and decorations can be found in
Nostagie Cafe. It would be a fine place
for antique lovers to go for tea.


The dining area under the air-well of the house
with contemporary furniture.



The menu of Nostalgie Cafe.
Beautiful yet unique.

By the way, you can find pasta, pizzas and salads
in the menu of the cafe.



Our beverages: (from left)
Chilled juice - Cranberry (RM 6), Pineapple (RM 6),
Apple Juice (freshly squeezed juice - RM 8) and Lime (chilled juice -RM 6)

The cup and saucer is hot honey lemon tea which costs RM 5.

I like the miniature glass jugs which are used
to serve the chilled beverages. Cute~



Mix mushroom pizza @ RM 28
(button mushrooms, Shitake mushrooms, tomato sauce and onion)

This pizza is yummy and it is well baked with crispy crust and base
which is not too thick.
The amount of cheese is perfect and
it is not too rich and overwhelming.

Pizza with mushrooms and tomato sauce.
Definitely makes me drool~



Aglio Olio @ RM 26

(Spaghetti with garlic, olive oil, olives, chili, cherry tomatoes
and pan fried prawns)

Do not judge the spaghetti based on its colour as this dish
is rather spicy. XD
I like the taste as the prawns are fresh and all the ingredients
complimented well. a sprinkle of cheese powder can be seen
on this amazing dish. Nevertheless, my love goes to the cherry tomatoes!

Hmm...this is one of the recommended dish of the cafe
if not mistaken. XP



Pesto @ RM 24

(Fettuccini in home made Pesto sauce with 
cherry tomatoes, chili, olives and pan fried
chicken breast)

This dish is not bad and I like the combination of herbs
found in the sauce and the fettuccine is well cooked.
The chicken breast can be a lil tough though.



Penne Arrabiata @ RM29

(Penne in home made spicy tomato sauce with 
pan fried fish)

I haven't tried pasta with fish before
but this dish proves that it can be equally delicious.

The fish is well marinated and I like it.
You won't find a hint of 'fishy' smell
and I love the texture.

Well, for a fan of pasta with tomato sauce,
I do hope that the sauce can be thicker.



Tabasco sauce and chili flakes are a must 
for pasta and pizza! yosh~


I forgotten to mention that the word "Nostalgie" means nostalgia in English. The cafe indeed created a memorable nostalgia dining ambiance and I really enjoy it.

I'm glad that I managed to find such a wonderful cafe with good service and food (They interacted with the customers and are very friendly) . Plus, service and government tax are not included.

From the blogs I've read, I've got to know that Nostalgie Cafe is a boutique hotel or home stay. Enquiry can be made for further info.

The road is narrow and parking spaces are limited. Thus, it is advisable that you park your vehicles at the parking lots found along other lanes or roads nearby.


Food: 9/10 ( delicious and unique, especially the pizza and Aglio Olio. The price of the food is reasonable as well. )

Ambiance: 8/10 ( love it!)

More info: Facebook page of Nostalgie Cafe

Address: 34, Stewart Lane, 10200, Penang

Business Hour: 11 am - 9pm (Closed on every Thursday)

Contact Number: +604- 261 0977

Comments