Jaksal Chicken @ Ilsan (Jeongbalsan) , Korea

Korean wave is spreading fast and furious. From K-pop, to Korean Drama to Hallyu Stars, people just can't get enough of them.

Well, not me apparently as I only listen to random songs and watch random episodes of dramas that I like (fast forward at times...lolz). Perhaps, CN Blue as I like the band and some of their songs.

Ok, people have been telling me to give Jaksal Chicken a try when I visit Seoul. Hmm..trying Korean fried chicken is one of my plan and I decided to explore Jeongbalsan, or they say Ilsan to 'hunt' for the shop opened by Kim Hyun Joong.



 I was extremely happy when I found the shop, as 
I thought that I was going to get lost. lolz

An ajumma helped me.
Hmm..she was talking in Korean and I was
using my sixth sense to understand.

Well, fortunately, I found the shop! 




The dining area within the shop.
Good place to hang out with friends,
or I can say the excited fans of KHJ?



The interior.
With a big KHJ's photo on top the refrigerators.
We went there early.
So, it was only me and my aunt there.

Beer is available as well.
I opt for water though.



KHJ's personal items in the shop.
I heard that this outlet belongs to her mother.
Fascinating.



The snack and preserved radish (I supposed) will be
served once you have placed your order.

The snack is not salty and I was addicted to it after a few
bites and started to munch non-stop. XD

Not a fan of the preserved radish.
The taste is towards sweet and sourish due to the vinegar
I guess.



The salad which comes together with the chicken perhaps.

I would have to admit that it tastes fantastic.
I like the dressing which is not very creamy and strong.
Love it!



 Jaksal Original Chicken @ 16,000 won

The chicken tastes good.
The aroma is fantastic and I like the way they cook it.
Crispy, sweet and tasty.
The sesame seeds added additional flavour to the dish.
Wish is yummy.

However, it can be rather greasy and spicy as well.
(Yup, way too spicy and don't be deceived by the name
original...lolz)
Nevertheless, I love this dish. ( ^,^)-b



Rice Cakes and Ramyun Cheese Pot @ 11,000 won

I saw Ramyun cheese in a variety show and am curious when
it comes to the taste.
Well, there are ramyun, cheese, rice cakes, mushroom, leek
cabbage and fish cakes in the hot pot.
Plus, hot sauce. x3



Tada! Time to nom!

Not as spicy as it seems, but I do not fancy the cheesy
taste of the soup. Was expecting the dish to be something
like the famous spicy Shim Ramyun which I can't get enough.

Too much rice cakes and cabbage can be over whelming.
Prolly it is better to share this dish with 4 person,
so you won't feel that full.



KHJ's poster and items at the cash register counter.



The signboard of Jeongbalsan station.


Locating the outlet can be difficult, but the visit is worth it.
Am not a KHJ fan ( I like some of his songs, anyway), but I like the chicken and the salad. Can't get enough of them. 
I would love to drop by Jaksal to try out the different variety of chicken served.

Food: 7/10 ( the salad and the chicken, I love both dishes)

Ambiance: 7/10 ( cosy and clean..prolly KHJ's fans would love it)

Additional Info: I got the map from this blog:  Xeench's Blog  Thanks for sharing. XD
                        

Comments