The Ship @ Sri Bahari Road, Penang

When I was a kid, I used to be excited whenever dad took the whole family for a meal at Batu Ferringhi's The Ship.

This is due to the fact that I had a chance to eat out, besides dining in a restaurant which is within a HUGE ship made me excited.

Went for a meal with my family at George Town's The Ship which is located on Sri Bahari Road. It was ages since I last had my meals here. I am always going in and out Gurney Plaza.



The entrance of the town's The Ship restaurant.



The colourful decoration of the restaurant.

Well, the concept of the restaurant is based on a vessel.
So, you can see the waiter and waitresses dressing up
as sailors or the crews on board a ship. xp
Plus, the exterior of the restaurant which resemble a ship!

Wooden interior with dim light to create a 
romantic dining experience.

Still, I prefer the BIG ship of Batu Ferringhi.
(^o^)-b



Warm bun and butter as starter.
It never fails to impress me as I like the taste.





Maridon @ RM 6.90
 (Mocktail of the month: a combination of guava juice,
star fruit juice and pineapple juice)

Lately, I've gone crazy over mocktails.
Lots of amazing flavours to be discovered
and the combination will mesmerise you
most of the time.

Maridon is kinda towards the sweet side.
The taste is fine and the price is reasonable as well.



Sharmini Blend @ RM6.90

(Mocktail of the month: with a combination of banana juice,
apple juice and watermelon juice)

The taste is fine with a light banana flavour.

Nevertheless, I still prefer Maridon. 

Behind the mocktail is iced cappuccino
(can't remember the name of the drink) @ RM 9.90

My cousin ordered it.
Should be delicious I guess. 



Chicken Maryland @ RM22.90

Deep fried southern style chicken, together with
sausage, fried banana, corn on cob, that is served
with fries and vegetables.

 The serving is big and the chicken is crispy.
I kidnapped the fried banana from my mom. lolz

They used french beans, baby corns and carrots
for the vegetables, rather than the typical frozen mixed
vegetables. X3 Something different for a change.



Chicken Au Chambertin @ RM 22.90

Grilled chicken fillet garnished with mushroom and  red wine
sauce, served with french fries and vegetables.

I only had a small bite of this.
Tastes good and the sauce is unique.
Plus, I am a fan of mushroom and I like the taste.



Black Pepper Chicken @ RM22.90

Grilled chicken fillet with black pepper sauce, served
with fries and vegetables.

The sauce is good and in my opinion, it is kinda
greasy. Prolly because of the sauce.

Not really my fave dish, but this is still decent
as I managed to finish it. 

I would like to go to the Batu Ferringhi outlet in the near future as I miss the BIG ship so much! (Not again, but, that is a landmark of Batu Ferringhi. I am proud of it!)

Next, mission, gonna try the steak which is The Ship's speciality. 
Government tax and service charge are included in the bill.

Food: 7/10 ( decent and I love the Maridon mocktail)

Ambiance: 8/10 (pretty, yet romantic XD)

Link for more info: The Ship Restaurant

Address: 42-46, Sri Bahari Road, 10050 Penang

Telephone number: +604 263 9532

Comments