Maricosa @ Straits Quay, Penang

This restaurant has ended their business.

Maricosa is a Pacific Rim and Hawaiian Cuisine restaurant which is newly open in Straits Quay.

My buddy and I decided to give it a try since we had run out of idea when it comes to what to 'nom'. Plus, I am addicted to Coffee Bean's Malibu Dream (due to the fact that it is a banana drink xp) which is not a good choice for dinner. XP



The pineapple shaped glass candle holder.
It is adorable. luv it!



The view at the patio's dining area 
overlook the sea and the marina.

I love the relaxing ambiance.
Soothing music and the caressing breeze
which is a pair made in heaven.
Love this ambiance and dining outdoor
is a bliss. 



 Maricosa has outdoor and indoor dining area, which is
of the Hawaiian theme.

It is unique and I love the concept, especially the
big fans in the indoor's dining area.
Too bad I didn't take any photos of it.



Wahine in Pink @ RM 14.90
(with pineapple puree, mango juice, orange
juice and Grenadines)

Moctail for me again. 
I love to see the beautiful glasses and
garnishing of  the drink.

This is kinda sweet, but I love the distinguished
taste of it which is kinda unique.
Pretty colours and it tastes fine once
the ice melts. 



Pineapple Juice @ RM 8.90

This is my first time trying out the pineapple
juice. It tastes fine.



Scallop with Squid Ink Pasta @ RM 39.90

Squid ink spaghetti, together with U.S scallop, broccoli,
sweet bean  chili, onion, garlic, white wine and
parsley (got it from the menu, of course xp)

My first time trying out squid ink pasta.
Lots of greens in this dish but unfortunately
nothing unique when it comes to this dish and
surprisingly, it doesn't smell fishy as I've
imagine. lolz



Salmon and Seaweed Salad@ RM 23.90

(Grilled salmon served with seaweed, crisp salmon skin,
meclum mxi leaf, kruyi cucumber, cherry tomato,
crush nut, shave Parmesan toast in plum
dressing)

This is one of their entree salad.
Hmm...this salad is unique and it doesn't 
taste weird or fishy due to the salmon or the
seaweed. I kinda like the sour dressing which probably
covers the taste of the seaweed. xp

The Parmesan toast with tomato salsa is
delicious. However, I do not like the salmon skin.
Not a fan of fish skin and this one doesn't impress me
much as it is not that crispy and I need more
seasoning on it to satisfy my taste buds. lolz

 Still, this is decent.





Maricosa is indeed a great place, if you were to have a drink and lounge around. The food can be pricey and they might not suit everyone's appetite.
Still, it is a good place to relax, listening to the music and the sea, together with a relaxing ambiance, sitting on a rattan woven chain. Who needs a vacation by a marina overseas when we have one here? 
 

Ambiance: 8/10 ( love the outdoor's dining area, simply amazing. superb!)

Food: 6/10 ( hmm...I do not fancy what I ordered, prolly I should try something else in the menu next time, can't judge based on what I've eaten right now)

Info:
It is located at the same row with the Library, if not mistaken. You can use the entrance near Fruuze Frozen Yogurt. Plus, it opens from around 11:30 am till late around 12 midnight if not mistaken. 

Comments