MiGaBon @ Myeongdong, Seoul

I've read about Migabon from my Korea guidebook and decided to go there for my dinner, since I know the location of one of the outlet which is on top of Myeongdong's Sin Seon Seolnongtang . Migabon is an eatery which is specialized in  serving a variety of porridge, ranging from the sumptuous abalone to the humble potato porridge. They have ginseng chicken as well. 



The entrance of MiGaBon.
Can you read the words? 



The cozy dining area of MiGaBon.
Wooden chairs and tables, with simple decoration.
Makes you feel comfortable while enjoying a
steaming hot porridge in a cold day.



Broccoli Shrimp Porridge @ W 10,000

It never occurs to me that broccoli can be used to cook
porridge. =O
And surprisingly, it tastes good.
The porridge is sweet, due to the shrimps and carrots.
As a matter of fact, all the ingredients complemented well
and now, I am gonna add broccoli in my porridge!

The side dishes are so-so, I only fancy the squid 
(the only red banchan in the photo)



Boiled chicken with ginseng (samyetang) @ W 13,000

This is indeed a very nutritious meal, because I actually
found a tiny ginseng root and red dates in the soup.

This dish is unique as they stuffed rice in the chicken
while preparing the soup.
It taste marvelous and it is the only samyetang that
I managed to try on the last day of my trip. 



The view outside the big window of MiGaBon.



The napkin, with the writing MiGaBon


Ordering your food can be a breeze as English and Mandarin are used in the menu, together with Korean.
There are a huge selection of porridge available and you'll be spoilt for choice.
I love the porridge and chicken soup. Hopefully I'll be able to try more of them in the near future.

Food: 8/10 (delicious, love them!)

Ambiance: 7/10 (clean and cozy)

Location: Just on top Myeongdong's Sin Seon Seolnongtang

More info: Directions to the outlet, as well as more photos

Comments