Sin Seon Seolnongtang (神仙雪浓汤) @ Myeongdong, Seoul

It was a pain in the neck to decide which food to take in order to tame your grumbling stomach in a cold autumn morning. 

After roaming around Myeongdong (that's what I did everyday), I decided to give this place a try as I saw tons of people queuing outside during a rainy morning 2 days ago.At first, I thought that it serves porridge.

I have no idea that Sin Seon Seolnongtang is the shop featured in the Korean Drama, Shining Inheritance (which is known as Brilliant Legacy) till I stood at the entrance. Ahh...what a surprise!  It is worth a try and I ended up having my breakfast twice at the Myeongdong outlet. 



Shining Inheritance's posters pasted at both sides
of the door!
You can see the screen shots of the drama at the entrance
as well. Watched the drama and it is not bad. 




The metal containers on the table which are full of kimchi.
(white raddish and cabbage kimchi)
You can use the scissors to cut them into tiny
bite size. Convenient! 



The kimchi served in Sin Seon Seolnongtang is appetizing and
delicious. I like the taste as compared to those I've tried in
different places. IMO, this is the best so far. 




The tea served, which taste like genmai tea.
No idea what's the tea though.



Sinsun Jjinmandu (steamed dumpling)  @ W 4,000
for the small serving

What should I say?
This dumpling is simply delicious and I miss the taste of it!
It is best eaten warm with the dipping sauce given
(guess that's vinegar)



Generous amount of fillings inside the dumpling
(with the meat and vegetables)
I like the skin as well. Chewy texture which is
delicious! This is worth a try. (^,^)-b

I had the big serving one on the next day,
which costs W 6,000.



Seolnongtang (beef soup with leak)
(sorry, can't recall the prices or the ingredients in it)

I ordered this, which is served with a steaming bowl of
rice is a metalic bowl with a lit.

I like the taste of this stew, though it gets cold very fast.
Thin slices of beef which is tender and delicious.
Thestew is not oily and I like it.




Mandu Seolnongtang   @  W 8,000
(Australian ox bone and brisket and korean
dumplings)
Dried red dates and leek can be seen here.
Can't remember the ingredients.sorry...

Ahh..this is one of the best!
It is served with a bowl of rice as well
The soup is served using a stone bowl to keep the stew
warm.and like the previous one, the beef is well cooked
and tender. The beef can be eaten together with the
dipping sauce. 



 Doganitang @ W 15,000
(Australian ox bone and knee bone stew) 

 Decided to try something new on the next day.
This is served in a stone bowl with white rice
as well.
(I scooped some of my share in the metal bowl )

Can't really get used to the soft bone as I do not fancy the
taste of it. Leek, dates and enoki mushrooms (golden needles
mushrooms) are some of the ingredients of the stew.



The badges (as seen in the drama) which is available
at the counter.



The interior of the Myeongdong outlet.
Unique and cozy.
Makes you feel close to nature because of the
foliage. XD



The entrance of the Myeongdong's Sin Seon
Seolnongtang.


The stew is unforgettable and I will definitely come back for the other dishes during my visit to Seoul again in the near future. I'm glad that I stumbled upon this place and I really miss the dumplings right now. Oh gosh. xp Besides, you won't be having any difficulties while making your order as the menu is in both English and Japanese (some kanji, Chinese speakers will be able to understand as well.).


Food: 8/10 ( The kimchi, dumplings and stew are delicious)

Ambiance: 7/10 (cute and cozy, with the trees and lamps indoors. X3)

More information:
Address: 2-2 Myeongdong 2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-701, South Korea.


Comments