Siam Express @ Gurney Plaza

Happy New Year to all! ^ ^
This is my first entry of this year as I've been under the weather for the past few days.

I've been craving for some sour savoury tom yum for quiet some time and since I was in Gurney Plaza, I decided to try out the one available in Siam Express.

I've been to Siam Express a few times when the outlet was still opened in BM's Jusco. The set meals are reasonable and they are decent, as long as you are not a picky eater.



The dining area, which is of yellow and black colours.



Saw this on the wall above me.
I like the pretty foliage carving. ^^



Belacan Fried Rice @ RM 16.90

(Set lunch: which is served with chicken drumette,
mango soup and mango salad. It comes with a complimentary
iced peach tea or iced lemon tea as well)

The belacan fried rice is decent.
However, the chicken can be a lil towards
the salty side. The gravy of the chicken is good
when it is eaten with the fried rice though.



 The tom yum soup and beverage which are served
before the fried rice.



 Tom Yum Seafood Noodle Soup @ RM 15.90

Wow, I like the taste of the soup which is appetising
since I am craving for tom yum for a while ago.
The texture of the noodles is smooth, kinda like
thick glass noodle rather than the typical yellow
instant noodles.

Hmm...the soup can be decent, but
a better tom yum soup can be found in the island.



The ingredients in my noodles XD
I dislike the chicken though.
Adding fried chicken in the soup is a no no
The prawns are not as fresh.
Still, I like the squid. 

Squid and tom yum are a brilliant combination!


Siam Express is a place for fast Thai food, if you were to craving for it out of the blue in a mall. The food is so-so and there are some better places for authentic Thai food in Penang.
Still, I would go back here once in a while to try out the other food in the menu, when I am craving for Thai food in a mall once again. 


Food: 7/10 (so-so, but they still managed to satisfy my taste buds)

Ambiance: 7/10 (clean and decent, comfortable place for a meal)

More info: Service charge is included, not government tax though.

Location: Located at the basement of Gurney Plaza, which is the same row as Bread History.

Link: Siam Express

Comments