Hui Lao Shan ( 許留山 ) @ Gurney Plaza, Penang

Lately, desserts are getting popular in Penang and I can see tons of new outlets mushrooming almost everywhere. 

Hui Lau Shan is a dessert Hong Kong dessert chain and from the menu, I get to know that most of their dessert are made using mango. (cheers to all the mango fans! ^^)

I've been planning to try this for a while and since I want to avoid queueing and the crowd, I went there on a week day just before Christmas. 



The entrance of Hui Lau Shan.
You can't miss it and it is right behind, the
newly opened Tong Pak Fu.
The entrance is opposite Daiso of Gurney Plaza
anyway.




The dining area, with bright colourful chairs.



Mango Romance @ RM12.90
(with 3 small servings of mango dessert)

This is one of the top sellers of the dessert chain and I've
seen many people trying it. 

The desserts are: 
- glutinous rice balls in mango puree, plus tiny mango cubes
- mango mochi with shredded coconut, with slices of mango
- mango ice cream with jelly and mango cubes

In my opinion. the mango is kinda sour ( well, we can't
guess the taste of the mango, can we?)

Mangoes aside, my fave would be the mochi!
Chewy, and I like the combination of sweet 
and sour of the mango. 

The ice-cream is good, but I do not fancy the
mango puree due the to texture, although it is still decent.


The dessert is worth a try, as long as you are not picky when it comes to the taste of mango.
A good place to hangout and I would love to go back once again for more treats (I shall nom the mochi again. rofl)


Food: 7/10 ( well...it doesn't count as I only tried the Mango Romance)

Ambiance: 8/10 (clean and cosy...great place to rest after shopping)

Info: Service charge and government tax included in the bill

Business hours: 10am-10pm 


Comments