Cafe 55 @ Coffee Atelier, Penang

Cafe 55 is now known as 'Coffee on the Table' and
it has relocated to No. 164, Lebuh Pantai, George Town

Life has been hectic and crazy, which forced me to kinda "abandoned" my blog for a while.
Well, fortunately, I've been able to do some updating today since I have some time today. ^^

For my per-birthday celebration, my buddy and I decided to check out another new cafe as we love the beautiful heritage cafes of Penang. After roaming under the hot sun (no kidding, it was 11:30 am and the sun was scorching hot), we decided to have a meal at Coffee Atelier's Cafe 55.





The menu of Cafe 55





The miniature blackboard.
Looks cute and unique. ^^

They serves breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner.
You can refer to their website for more details.





The AL-fresco dining area.
Along the corridor of Coffee Atelier. 





 The interior dining area.
With a bar top at the end.
There are painting lining both walls as well.



 For lunch, we ordered a set lunch, which includes a starter, 2 tapas,
a dessert and a drink for RM35.00.
 We also ordered an additional drink and pasta.

 


The Refresher @ RM 10.00

This is the additional beverage ordered by my buddy.
It is similar to the crushed mint lime we had at China House.
However, the taste is too light. >.<
Not of my liking, unfortunately.





Starters for our set lunch: Veloute of Pumpkin Ginger
  
Haven't tried this before and all I can say is that it tastes
good with bread. XD
Hmm...to me, it is not salty enough, but I do like the 
texture, as well as the croutons.
Other choices of starters:
Minestrone Soup and Mixed salad with sesame
dressing




There are a selection of tapas to choose from:
Albondigas, grilled BBQ chicken,leek fondue,
grilled eggplant, gambas aljillo, calamari ring with dips,
oyster mushroom tempura with dips and others.

You can choose two for your set lunch ordered ^^



Our tapas: Spanish omelet with mushrooms

This is delicious. XD
I love button mushrooms and thus, this is my fav.
However, it can be a lil greasy.


 

Tapas: Chicken liver pete ( with salad and bread)

I haven't tried this before and this dish is new to me.
It is served cold and reminds me of pâté de foie gras
suddenly.
It is creamy and I like it with bread.
The texture is smooth and it can be overwhelming
after eating too much. xd





Alla Vongole con Pomodoro @ RM 34.00

Spaghetti with fresh clams with white wine sauce and 
tomato sauce.

The sauce is delicious with flavour.
The clams is sweet and they are fresh.
In my opinion, more tomato puree and sauce would
make it better.lolz
Anyway, I am still a fan of tomato pasta and this is 
yummy. (>,<)-b

The serving is big. It is enough for two if you were
to have a small appetite.





Our dessert: Single scoop of vanilla ice-cream
You can opt for chocolate ice-cream ^^

By the way, for the drinks, I had Sprite.
You can have beers (Tiger or Carlsberg) with an
additional charge of RM9

The drinks available in the set lunch menu:
Coke, Ginger Ale, Soda water and mineral water  





The adorable salt and pepper shaker.
I want one at home too! ^^





The unique shop houses which have a restaurant, art gallery,
coffee museum and furnished modern suites.



The dining experience is satisfying as we've sampled unique food, as well as enjoyed the marvellous dining ambiance. However, the service can be slow. But, it doesn't matter, since we had a good enjoyable time there.

I will definitely go back to Cafe 55 to visit their gallery, coffee museum, as well as sample more of the tapas in the menu. I'm sure that I'll discover more unique taste from the Mediterranean inspired menu and tapas. 


Food: 8/10 (something unique...from the usual western food, as in chicken chop, fish and chips. I love the dining experience ^^ )

Ambiance: 9/10 (cosy...and I love the interior decoration which is chic yet simple)

Notes: Service charge is included in the bill

Latest blog entry: Cafe 55

For more info, visit this link : Coffee Atelier and Cafe 55

Comments

  1. did you tried their 3D coffee?

    rgds,
    Wong, BestPenangFood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you tried their 3D coffee... kind of nice there.

    rgds, Wong, BestPenangFood.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I did try their coffee with the 3D art during my lunch last month.

    It is unique indeed.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should. Thanks for dropping by. XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment