Bonjuk @ Myeongdong, Seoul

During my trip to Seoul, I happened to come across this porridge shop, Bonjuk (本粥), when I was searching for a warm bowl of noodles on a cold rainy morning.

Hmm...I was slow...got to know that this porridge restaurant was featured in a famous Korean Drama “Boys Over Flower” when I was back home. 

This can’t be blamed as I am not a hard-core K-pop fan.



The entrance of Bonjuk.
I am impressed by the simple wooden interior.
Impressive.





The dining area of Bonjuk



Small and cosy.
I love the warm interior. ^^



Shrimp Porridge @ 8,000 won

The shrimp is fresh and delicious.
With some tiny bits of vegetables and carrot, the taste is lovely.
Besides, the porridge is served with kimchi, 
shredded meat and chilli paste
 (i have no idea what is this, just made a while guess. ^^)



Crab meat Porridge @ 8,000 won
I thought they will use the artificial crab stick 
we used to have in steamboat to prepare this dish.
It is unbelievable. It is the real.
I mean the actual crab meat from a crab! =O
The porridge tastes good. Delicious!
The texture of the porridge is not as smooth as I thought.
But, anyway, I still love it!



The menu of Bonjuk
There are Mandarin, Japanese and
Korean words on it.
Easy for us to understand.


After the lunch, they will serve you a kind of tea, which is a bit sour it seems. (i can’t recall it vividly, sorry)
Sigh, I still can’t get used to it as I am still new when it comes to Korean food.

This shop is located on the second floor of a shop house in Myeongdong. I stumbled upon it while roaming the area hungrily. 

Plus, I just found online that they have an outlet in KL! 


More info:
Address: Jung-gu Chungmuro 1(il)-ga 22-11, Seoul.

Business Hours: 10am - 10 pm

Website: Bonjuk ( in Korean)

Food: 8/10 (fresh ingredients...yum!)

Ambiance: 8/10 (cute and cosy)

Comments