Cafe 55 @ Steward Lane, Penang

Cafe 55 is now known as 'Coffee on the Table' and
it has relocated to No. 164, Lebuh Pantai, George Town

I’ve been to Café 55 once earlier this year and I really enjoyed the tapas there.

Last month, I went there with my buddies for tapas and we were amazed by their 3D latte art.



Caramel Macchiato
Single @ RM 13
Double @ RM 16

I was surprised by the 3D latte art of my macchiato
as this is my first time seeing this in Penang.

I got an adorable bear for this. 
I enjoy having my coffee once in a while in a café
because you will be presented with beautifully
decorated coffee which will indeed brighten your day.

Food decoration is a form of art.
Who doesn’t adore it? 



Another coffee ordered by us.
I can’t remember if this is cappuccino or latte,
but the lion is adorable. 
Still, we had to bid adieus to it.

For our tapas:

Traditional Tapas Set @ RM 75.00
This tapas set includes deep fried calamari rings and dips, albondigas (meatballs),
Spanish omelette, garlic mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and
French baguette


 

The meatballs are delicious and I love how they
prepare it with tomato puree and spices.
The sauce goes well with the baguette.
To be, they are like a match
made in heaven. 



This is fantastic as well, probably,
I am a fan of mushrooms.
Some people might be intimidated by the word
‘Garlic’, but, the taste is not overwhelming.
I had this with the baguette as well and it is good.


 

The Spanish omelette can be a lil greasy.
It is not salty and can be a lil bland.


 

Calamari rings and the sauce is delicious.
Love the sauce and the crispy rings.


 

Hmmm….I can’t say anything much about this
since I dislike preserved food.
You would love this if you like raisins and prunes.
Chewy and the texture does resemble the prunes,
but drier of course.


 

Alla Marinara Al Cartoccio @ RM 39
Spaghetti with sliced garlic, bird eye chilli, sweet basil,
 fresh seafood (Scallop, prawn, squid, clam) in
tomato white wine sauce.

You can opt for either spaghetti or penne while placing an order for pasta.

The sauce is good and the seafood is fresh.
Don’t be deceived by the bird eye chilli which is one
of the ingredient as the sauce is not spicy at all.
While enjoying our spaghetti, we found tiny
white crabs in the sauce.
Might be pea crabs which can be found in
clams at times 

Based on the menu, the tapas and pasta are available from 12 to 10 pm.

If you would like to enjoy great food and ambiance, Café 55 is the place for you to kick start your lazy weekend.

Plus, you can start your visit of Penang’s Heritage zone after a hearty meal there.


Previous blog entry: Cafe 55 @ Coffee Atelier

For more info, visit this link: Coffee Atelier

Comments