Ippudo (一風堂) @ Ikeda, Osaka

Cold noodles, takoyaki, unagi rice, okonomiyaki.
Now, it is time to taste some delicious ramen in Japan!

After visiting the ramen museum, we went to Ippudo which is located near the Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum in Ikeda (池田).
My friend who is studying in Osaka suggested that we should try the ramen as it is delicious and affordable. Since we had been eating tons of cold noodles throughout our summer getaway, something warm and filling would be a delight.

We went there during lunch time and we were lucky to get a seat after waiting for less than 10 minutes.


I was amazed and excited since the dining area resembles
 the ramen restaurant I saw in animes and mangas. 
( Yup, the elements found in animes and 
mangas are based on what we can see in real life)



Momofuku Classic (百福元味) @  ¥850
(Special Soy Sauce Ramen)

Wow! I can’t believe that they have this on their menu.
I just came out from the museum a while ago and I had to try this!
Based on the menu’s description, this ramen
 is inspired by Momofuku Ando (the inventor of instant noodles).

Chicken broth and koyu (fragrant oil) are a great combination.
The serving is generous and I bet that I would be able to finish it.




白餃子ランチ @ ¥850
(Lunch ramen shiro + 5 pieces of gyoza + rice)
This set lunch is worth it and it is enough for 2 person.

The gyoza is the best that I have tasted so far.
It is not as oily as the one I’ve had here.

The noodles is good and I love the soup.
Rich in flavours and it most important, it is good!
 Too bad it was the last day of my trip,
else I would have come here again. 



The condiments on the table.
(Garlic, bean sprouts and pickled vegetables, 
can't remember if they have chili flakes)



I only remember that the bean sprouts are delicious.
Can’t remember the rest though, alas!



 The dining area.
The place was packed during lunch time.



 Ippudo Ramen Retaurant can be spotted easily when
you are on the way to the Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum.




 Scanned the card which I have taken the other day.
It is near the Ikeda station by the way.


Again, we have free flow of tea and they provide you with baskets to store your backpack and stuff.
You can shove them under your chair. XD

Comments