Aza Aza Starvil Korean Cuisine and BBQ Restaurant @ Queensbay, Penang

I enjoy dining out with my buddies as we get to share different food and stories when we have the chance to hang out in a big group. So, for Christmas, we went to Queensbay Mall in Penang for a movie and lunch.

We went to Aza Aza Starvil this time since all of us wanted to try their Korean food after failing to decide what to have in the huge mall. We have been eating the same thing again and again whenever we go out. Sushi is really out of the list.

It is easy to find the restaurant as it is opposite Queensbay Mall. To be precise, you can see the restaurant opposite TGI Friday's.



The dining area,



The side dishes: stir-fried vegetables, potato salad,
rice crackers and kimchi

The potato salad is slightly sweet and not my favourite.
However, I am addicted to the rice crackers.
The rice crackers are sweet, but I love the crispiness
which made me much non-stop the other day.

They do not serve as many variety of side
dishes as compared to other Korean restaurant.

They are refillable, so no worries,
you can eat to your heart's content. 



Korean Honey Citron Tea

Can't recall how much it costs.
But, they have a promotion during that time and
it was only less than RM 2. Can't be sure bout this price.

I love the taste. Sourish and a lil bit of sweet after taste.
Gonna buy a bottle for tea at home. 



I was (or should I use 'am') glad that the restaurant
is effective in getting rid of the smoke.

Unlike some other BBQ restaurant which I have been,
I do not smell like being in a barbecued oven
after the meal. (You know what I mean XD)




Aza Aza Special BBQ @ RM 38.00

Written in the menu as highly recommended by the chef.
The signature hot sauce pork is indeed tantalising.
It is well marinated with lots of spices and flavours.

Taste good with the lettuce wrap.



Kimchi Jjigae 
(I forgotten to jot down the price,
the bill is with my friend and the photo of the
menu which I took is without the price =.= )

We ordered a korean kimchi stew as well
since this is a must when we frequent any
Korean restaurant.

It is under the set meal section of the menu.
However, we requested that we did not want the rice
which comes along with the stew.

I just realised that in my phone, I did take a photo
mentioned that you can opt to add Udon in the stew
with an additional charge of RM 2.50.

Back to the stew, well, it is sour and spicy.
It has sliced pork, tofu and cellophane noodles
(glass noodles).

I do find other types of noodles in it or
perhaps they are glass noodles without me
realising. Well, not my fav since it is too sour and
I feel that they should have more ingredient.



Pajeon @ RM 12.90

Korean pancake with vegetables and crab stick.

It is not oily. Just decent with a balance of flour
and ingredients. Not as expensive as some
other places which I have been before.




Dolsot bibimbap (serves with seaweed soup)

There are two varieties of bibimbap.
You can opt for either chicken or pork and
the best part is it is serves in a hot stone bowl.

Eggs, seaweed and vegetables.
It is indeed a healthy meal and this is one of the
best I have tried so far. 

The see weed soup is a lil tasteless in my opinion.
Perhaps the taste has been covered by the red
chili paste of the dish.

The waiter will mix the rice for you and
I am satisfied with the service since I am
very bad in mixing my own rice. 



The restaurant.
You can spot it pretty easily.


I would go back to this restaurant for the bibimbap and BBQ pork. They are good and I really love the taste. We would go there again for lunch instead of having our usual sushi, western food and noodles for lunch when we go for our next movie in Queensbay Mall. 


More info:

Business Hours:
Lunch: 11 am - 2.30 pm

Dinner: 5 pm - 10 pm (9.30 pm for last order)

They are close on Monday.

Comments