'Noming' Time @ Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

I have a mixed feeling whenever people ask me about my trip to Hong Kong. Well, I had a memorable experience there, but, I did not quite enjoy myself as compared to my other trips. Anyway, lemme start my new entry by talking about my first stop: Causeway Bay.

Causeway Bay is a well know shopping hub and it is bustling with activity with lots of shoppers since Chinese New Year was around the corner during my visit. There were people everywhere and basically, you walk by following the flow of the 'stream'. Can't blame me...I went there on a Sunday.

I went window shopping at a few places and I only managed to buy some thermal eye masks since everything is expensive. lolz... That was the disadvantage of being a student once again.




Hong Kong Times Square



Winsor House
I went there just for the adorable AlPacasso.
Thought they were sheep the other day. 


My main mission to Causeway Bay was to hunt for good food. By using my guidebook and map, I managed to locate Yee Shun Milk Company after almost getting lost. O.O 

Yee Shun is a well known dessert chain which is famous for their double skin steamed milk and it is a must try since it has been praised by travellers who had tasted it before. I did read from other blogs that the milk is steamed after mixing it with egg and sugar until a thin layer is formed on top of the pudding. Fascinating indeed.



 Double Skin Steamed Milk @ 29 HKD

This is the legendary steam milk and
 it is not disappointing at all.
And yup, there is a thin film of milk on the pudding. ^^
I had the cold one btw.

The fragrance of the milk is sweet and you can smell it once 
the delicate wobbly pudding is served in front of you.
 Plus, I love the creamy after taste of milk which
linger in my mouth for a long time.
Creamy, sweet, soft, thick and fresh.
Now I know why this dessert is famous.




The brightly lit sign board. You won't be able to miss the logo.

There are other flavours beside the original which I have ordered,such as coffee, read beans, ginger and chocolate, togetherwith food and beverages in the menu.Took me a while to wait in a queue.However, you were not allow to share a bowl of dessert and they insist that you order one as long as you occupy a seat.Pushy and rude...I would say.

So, since my travelling partner has to wait for me outside(she is not found of any diary product), I had to gulp down my dessert,which minus my enjoyment of the amazing dessert.Not to mention that I got some stares from the waiter/waitress/managerwhen I was speaking in a mix of Mandarin and English to clarify that I only need one bowl. Yikes!

So, remember, if you want to be in the shop,please order something. =.=


Chee Kei (池記雲吞麵家) is one of the noodle house in Hong Kong which is well known for their wonton noodles. So, I went there for my dinner since I couldn't think of having anything during that time.


The sign board outside the restaurant.




Tea is served, but I can't remember if it is included in the bill.
In Hong Kong, condiments and tea are charged.




Fish Ball Noodles

The fish ball tastes fine with the chewy texture.
However, I feel that the ginger aroma is kinda strong for the soup.
Nothing much to say except that it is fine and there is
not as much flavour in the soup.





 Wonton Noodles 

The wonton is fresh and I love the taste and texture.
The skin is not soggy and they tastes good.
The same goes to the soup which complemented the
noodles well. The noodles is not being served in large portion.
But still, I was full after that.



Chee Kei Noodle House has another outlet which is located at Level 4 of Langham Place. I didn't went to the outlet as planned as I prefer the local wonton noodles which I always have in Malaysia. They are different and the Malaysia version has a stronger flavour. Besides, I read on-line that they do provide English menu. I forgotten to request for one.

Can't pretty much remember the price of the noodles as I only remember saying that it costs around RM 30.00 ++ for a whole, which is approximately 65 HKD maybe. Should have ordered the set meal, but alas, I was too satiated with food earlier.

That was what I did after landing in Hong Kong for my first day. The milk dessert is a must try and I will go there again if I were to be in Hong Kong in the near future. Plus, table sharing is common in Hong Kong since spaces are limited in the metropolitan. Everything is about speed and being fast.

More info:
Map and other outlets of Yee Shun Dairy Company : Yee Shun from Open Rice (Causeway Bay)

Map and other outlets of Chee Kei: Chee Kei from Open Rice (Causeway Bay)

For more info: Causeway Bay Shopping by CNN Travel

Comments