Beyond Veggie (All about Cakes) @ Elit Avenue, Bayan Baru

I have been here a few times for tea, as well as lunch and dinner since my buddy is a vegetarian. I love Beyond Veggie because of the calm and relaxing ambiance. Besides, the cakes are to die for, seriously. XD Anyway, Beyond Veggie is a vegetarian food chain restaurant by Secret Recipe. They do serve cakes and share similar concepts.

Based on what I read on their FB page, the cakes are made without eggs. I would have to check again when I go there. Not very sure bout that.



The tea time promotion.
They only charge you for the cake.
It is only for weekday promotion.



My friend ordered the gourmet coffee yesterday.
Not so sure if it is latte.
I was surprised that they served the coffee
with a latte art. I didn't get it last time.

I had tea yesterday (English Tea).
They are serving Dilmah's tea. 



Blueberry cheesecake

Blueberry swirls and some blueberries in
the cheesecake. 
I do not fancy this one as it is a bit
overwhelming due to the cheese.

Cheesecake lovers who enjoy rich flavours
would love this. The same goes to the
original cheesecake.  



Azuki Green Tea

My friend had this a few months a go and it tastes
lovely. The cake is not too sweet. The beans are not
too soft and the cream is light.
Hmm...gonna have this again.



Ube Yam (for the white one) and 
Winter Berries cheese cake
(RM 8.80 for a slice of cake and coffee /tea)

The Ube Yam cake is good. It is not rich because of 
the cream and you can actually taste chunks of yam in it.
They are generous when it comes to the ingredients as
it is not just layers of sweet cream and sponge cake. 

Yesterday was my second time having the
winter berries cheese cake.
I love the sour taste of the jam on top of
the cake. The rich cheese cake goes well
with the jam. It is a must try.


The cakes are worth the price if you manage to make it for tea (3pm-6pm on weekdays) since you will get free drinks. Besides, for dine in (except tea time promotion), you are entitled of 10% discount if you present your Watsons' VIP card (They no longer have it in 2016).

A good place for Asian and Western vegetarian food. The food can be pricey and the portions are big. Still worth a try. Would share the food I had when I go there again with my buddy pretty soon.


Useful links:


Comments

  1. The info of free drinks dueing tea time is great. Was surprise that they have coffee art too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. They were free on that day perhaps because I didn't have it on my coffee when I went there a few months ago :) It is a good deal indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment