Ngong Ping 360 @ Hong Kong

I was looking forward to my trip to Lan Tau island since I have been mesmerised by the Tian Tan Buddha for quite some time. So, praying hard that the weather would be fine, I headed to Tung Chung via MTR early in the morning. It was easy to reach the cable car station as there were ample signs at the area.

During my visit, I bought the round trip with Standard Cabin to reach the hill and the Crystal Cabin to go back to the station. It would be less expensive since I would love to experience the view from the Crystal Cabin. 



The morning crowd.
Waiting to board the cable cars.



My tickets, brochures etc.
Some discount vouchers can be found in the
brochure for dining and shopping.

You can pay for the tickets via credit card.




The view from the floor of the Crystal Cabin.
You can see the sea and the boats, plus hikers
hiking up the hill via the hiking path.
Pretty cool.



On my way up!
Misty morning and I can see the Tian Tan Buddha.




Shop, eat and pose.
That's what you can do at Ngong Ping Village.

Upon reaching the Buddha, you will pass by
a path with statues and for those who are
intimidated by the canine, please beware of
them. They were sleeping and some people
did took photos with them. 




Adorable cable car cabins from different countries
can be found. Many things to be seen and you
can snap lots of photos, I assure you. 



To reach the Tian Tan Buddha, 
you will be challenged to climb a flight of stairs
to reach the top.
Breath taking view can be seen once you reach
the top of the steps.

There is a souvenir shop at the foot of the stairs.
In side the Buddha, there is a three-storey
exhibition hall. I didn't go in and thus I can't
share much. If you are interested, do check out this
link: Tian Tan Buddha



The gate leading to Po Lin Monastery.
A spacious square between the monastery
and the Buddha.



Po Lin Monastery
You can see people praying outside the monastery.



My lunch at Honeymoon Dessert before heading
to my next destination.



Mango Pancakes (on the left) @ 33 HKD

Worth a try and I love mangoes anyway.
The cream is not thick and rich, thus it goes
well with the mango and the outer layer crepe.

Mango Pomelo and Sago Sweet Soup (right)
@ 38 HKD

Not too sweet and I kinda love the sweet and
sour flavour, as well as the texture of the dessert
due to the pomelo.

Do use the coupons or vouchers in the brochure,
it helps you to get some discount.



The facade of the shops and eateries.

I didn't include lots of photos as they will act as spoilers.
You need to experience the place on your own and there
are a few tour packages available if you are interested to visit
Tai O and the other parts of Lan Tau Island.


At Tung Chung station, there is a local biscuit outlet, Wing Wah where you can buy the local biscuits as souvenirs, such as wife biscuit.

Anyway, it would be helpful to check out Ngong Ping 360's website before your visit to plan your trip, as well as to see if you are able to get any discounts on packages and tickets.

More info:
Ngong Ping 360's website

Honeymoon Dessert  (I had it once when I was in Singapore's VivoCity)

Comments