Arnold Cycling Cafe @ Icon City, BM, Penang

Icon City is a new happening place in Bukit Mertajam and it is near to Autocity and Taman Seri Rambai. New cafes and restaurants have been opening lately in Icon City and apart from frequenting the Star Bucks outlet there, my friends and I went to a cafe instead.



The al fresco dining area of the cafe.
I prefer air-conditioned spaces,
to stay away from the sun of course. ^^



A huge selection of cakes are you will be 
spoilt for choice.
They serve sandwiches as well and I'll
give it a try next time.



The dining area upstairs.
Love the big cosy sofa.



Free flow of water, which is great.
They have another condiment table near the stairs
leading towards the dining area of the first
floor. So, patrons do not need to juggle 
all the way up the stairs. 



Macadamia Nut Latte 
(yellow cup and saucer) @ RM 10.90

I was eager and excited to try macadamia latte
as I haven't came across it in the menu of the 
cafe I went so far.

However, I didn't really get the
aroma nor the flavour of macadamia, 
Imho, it tastes just like the usual latte. I am a lil
disappointed. Nevertheless, it is still decent.


Roasted Almond Latte (cold) @ RM8.90

I was in awe when I tried this as I love
the aromatic flavour of the almond.
The taste is not strong and the aroma is lovely!

Almond does go well with coffee and I
enjoy the delightful taste.
Gonna have the hot one next time ^^



Matcha Latte Crepe Cake @ RM 10.90

Not sure if the crepe cake is known as matcha latte crepe cake
or just matcha crepe cake since I saw the 'latte'
word from the receipt.

The crepe cake is light and not too sweet. 
It tastes fine without bitterness from the matcha.
I love the design on top of the cake, which was
why I ordered it. Well, I would have it again. ^^



Mango yogurt cake
(should be around RM 9.90. Can't recall
since I have lost the receipt :P )

I love this cake because of the sourish
taste of the mango. It is refreshing and
you won't be overwhelmed by the cake.

Btw, love the pretty cake toppings.
Adorable!



Mint chip ice blended @
RM 12.50

I was expecting to taste a rich chocolaty ice blended
drink. The drink has a light milky flavour which is
not overwhelming, but I do not fancy
 the artificial mint flavour.

 My friend had their apple smoothie earlier.
She said that it tastes artificial and perhaps
it would be good if fresh apples were used.



This miniature decor at the counter 
caught my attention.
Can I have one for my house?



I love this urban chic wall decor.
World map with foliage and small lighting
is a marvellous idea.

Perhaps I should get one when I have
my own place someday.



Unique decoration of the cafe.
Nothing much related to bicycles, but
the simpleness of the interior is cosy
and beautiful. Impressive, I would say.


Cosy cafe with simple pretty decorations. I will frequent Arnold's again since I love their cakes and I should not miss the chance to have their almond latte! Yum!

Service charge and government tax are excluded from the bill.


More info:
Address: No. 25, 1st Floor, Jalan IconCity, 14000 Bukit Mertajam.

Phone no.:04-5057343

Business Hours: 11am- 12 midnight (Monday - Sunday)



Comments