Brussels Beer Cafe (Set Lunch) @ Gurney Paragon Mall, Penang

I have been walking past this outlet for millions of time since I always hang out at Gurney Drive. So on Christmas, my family and I decided to go there for lunch. Well, I didn't pay attention to the Christmas menu and tried the set lunch instead. (They should have something special for Christmas, should have asked the waiter).

It is a restaurant which serves Belgium cuisine and beer, since I saw lots of people drinking there, be it rain or shine. ^^



The set menu of the week.
We were required to choose from Menu B, plus
chef's special for that week. They have different sets of
menu every week.
The set lunch promotion is affordable.
I will try the other items on the menu next time.



For the set lunch, it costs RM 20.90 per set,inclusive of salad
and a drink. You can opt for soft drinks or tea.

For soup of the day, you need to pay an additional
RM 5.90 for a bowl of it.




The salad from the salad bar which comes with the set lunch.
They have olives! Yeah!
The Chef's special salad dressing is good.
Still, I am excited because of olives.




Fettuccine with seafood and cream sauce

I am not a fan of cream sauce pasta, but
this tastes good. It is not very creamy and overwhelming.
Perhaps the seafood (mussles
or clam should be) add in more flavour to the pasta.
Smooth texture and delicious. Perhaps I should
order one myself to see if I would really enjoy it.




Grilled black pepper chicken chop with home made gravy

Tender chicken with lovely gravy which has a hint
of peppery smoky flavour.
I kinda like this dish and I would order it again.




Grilled lamb shoulder loin with nut sauce

I ordered it medium well since I do not
fancy rare or medium rare meat.
The sauce tastes good with the lamb, however,
I still find it to be a lil tough.
I love the picked cucumber and onion.
It refreshed your taste in between 
each mouthful of meat. 




I went for earl grey tea.
There are soft drinks to choose from, if not mistaken.
We ordered iced lemon tea and English breakfast too.
They do serve green tea. I can't remember the selection though.




The interior. Full of glasses and beer. XD




The dining area near the window.
You can opt for al fresco dining if you were
to fancy the see breeze and crowd watching. XD




The entrance. You can spot it easily when you are 
at the entrance of Paragon Mall which is facing Gurney Drive.
It is located at the same row as TGI Friday's.


The serving of the food is decent, just enough for you to please your grumbling tummy. XD Well, I would like to try more of their pasta dishes and something unique from their menu.Plus, beer...good beer :) That's what makes me look forward soon.


More info:


Comments