Brown Poodle Cafe @ Pulau Tikus, Penang

I have been looking for new places to hang out and I stumbled upon Brown Poodle Cafe on Groupon. It is a vegetarian cafe and the place is cosy...I love the simple decorations which created a relaxing, simple yet chic ambiance.



The blackboard menu behind the counter.
I am a big fan of blackboard art menu. ^^


The photos of the dishes on the menu.
Looks really good.



 The beverages and dessert on the menu.
Too bad they have run out of Tiramisu and
panna cotta. 



The set menu of the cafe which comes with a soup
of the day and a hot drink. You can add an additional
RM 3.00 for other types of drinks listed on the set menu.


 

The logo of brown poodle cafe.
Adorable to the max!



Cappuccino @ RM 8.00

The cappuccino has a creamy texture and I
love the aroma of the coffee beans.

The smiley heart shaped cookie is adorable,
it really made my day.


Set A (Black Poodle Burger Platter) @ RM 23.90


Add RM 3.00 for iced nutmeg lemon

I am not a fan of nutmeg and would avoid nutmeg
drinks whenever I see them.
However, my buddy urged me to take a sip of this
and guess what, it changed my opinion towards
this drink. XD

The aroma of lemon balanced out the nutmeg and
this drink actually has a light refreshing flavour.
It is awesome to have this on a hot sunny day.
Sweet, sourish and refreshing.



The soup of the day (tomato soup)
which comes with the set meal.

I am delighted to see that tomato soup was
the soup of the day.

It has a lovely aroma and flavour.
Appetising and it would taste lovely
with bread if they have some. 



Black poodle burger platter

This is my second time having vegetarian burger
and seriously this is good.

I guess the patty is made by using beans.
It has a sweet crunchy texture which does
not seems artificial, in my opinion, with 
slight peppery flavour. 

Lettuce, tomato slices and sauce...with the
unique black bun (made by using
bamboo charcoal perhaps)

 Yup...I am going to order this again.
For more set meals, feel free to check out their
FB page.



Seaweed Fries @ RM 4.90

I didn't read the menu well and ordered another
portion of fries. I thought that it is seaweed
chips or something. Lolz

It is not greasy and it has a unique flavour
from the seaweed sprinkle.



A corner of the cafe, near the entrance.
I really love the idea, especially the plushies.



The dining area

The cafe is pretty small and they do recommend
that reservations be made in advance.



They only accept cash as payment.
Again...I love the small blackboard. XD



They share the same premises with
Starz Music Academy.


The cafe is a gem hidden in Pulau Tikus and I am delighted to discover it.

The cafe is cosy and it has an intimate environment whereby it is not a place for loud chatter.
So, a great place to slow down your pace and relax while enjoying a unique vegetarian meal.
My next visit would be to check out their dessert. XD

GST and service charge are not included in the bill.

More info:
Address: 80, Persiaran Midlands, 10250 Penang. (The area behind Midlands One Stop Shopping Mall, Pulau Tikus)

Phone number: 012-428 2812 (Jessie)


Business Hours:
Monday -Tuesday : 10 am - 10 pm
Thursday - Friday : 10 am - 10 pm
Saturday - Sunday : 10am - 6pm

FB page: Brown Poodle Cafe

Comments