Mama Vege @ Bukit Tengah, Bukit Mertajam

My friends have been telling me about Mama Vege for some time and they do urge me to try their vegetarian steamboat. So, one day during Chinese New Year, I went there with my buddies for dinner, at last. 



The huge lighted sign which you will see once you
climb the stairs towards the restaurant.



Mushroom Set @ RM 18.80

This is one of their popular steamboat set, based on
the menu and it comes with a variety of
mushrooms! 

They also have seafood set and vegetables set
if not mistaken.


Our additional add-ons:
Wood eat mushroom (RM 2.50),
Japanese tofu (forgotten the price, sorry) 
and vegetarian crab balls (RM 6.90)

The texture of the crab balls are chewy 
and it has a lovely flavour. No idea how
they manage to come up with this.



Shanghai Pak Choi @ RM 2.60

They also have other selection of vegetables, such
as kang kung, ti wan choy, pak choi (the greener leaves
ones), choy sum, amaranth and yao mak choy.

The price ranges from RM 1.80 - RM 2.90,
depends on which type of vegetables you order.



We decided to go for two different soups:
Tomyam (left) and Chinese herbal soup (right)

The Tomyam soup is light, sour and spicy.
I kinda love the tastes since I am a Tomyam
addict. The aroma of the spices are there and it is
good, in my opinion.

The Chinese herbal soup has a heavy peppery
flavour, which is kinda strong in my opinion.
It did resemble the herbs found in 'bak kut teh',
but, I still enjoy the flavours. ^^

Plus, I do not get thirsty at all after that. XD



There are several condiments provided in the
restaurant: Thai chilli, crispy shrimp,  sweet sauce,
green chilli, parsley chilli, sambal belacan,
Mama's chilli and satay sauce.



The condiments which go with the steamboat:
Satay sauce, chilli with soy sauce and
their special Mama's chilli 

You do not need the condiments for the steamboat
as the mushrooms soak up the flavours of the
soups which is delicious on its own.



Hot Chrysanthemum Tea @ RM 1.80



A corner of the dining area


The portion can be rather small and it is ok for me since I do not eat much. Hehe. They do have other dishes, pizza, cheese baked pasta and snacks on the menu. I do love to give them a try some other day. ^^

The restaurant can be found easily as it is located opposite of Pos Laju (of Bukit Tengah). It is on the first floor of a corner shop house, on top of Like Foods

GST and service charge are included in the bill, fyi.


More info:
FB page: Mamavege Restaurant

Address: 40, Jalan Bayu Mutiara 1, Taman Bayu Mutiara, 14000 Bukit Mertajam.

Phone number: 010-633 9333

Business hours:
Monday to Sunday:
11 am - 15:30 pm
17:30 pm - 22:00 pm

Comments