Ssambap @ Icon City, Bukit Mertajam

I haven't tried the Korean food at Ssambap before even though I have seen some of the photos posted on Facebook. Well, in stead of having the grilled pork belly (samgyupsal) which I have read on line, my friends and I decided to try the other items on the menu. The samgyupsal would have to wait.



A glimpse of the dining area upstairs



Huge classical Korean paintings can be seen 
around the dining area. 



Many varieties of Korean side dishes!
I love the kimchi and the marinated lotus root.
Some of the greens are too tough though.
The seaweed tastes lovely though.

We ordered a bottle of green tea for 3 person (refillable)
for RM 5.00. The gave us a complimentary water too.



Cheese Fried Chicken @ RM35.00

The fried chicken is delicious and it is sprinkled with
sesame seeds. I love the fragrant aroma and the crispy
texture. However, the cheese should be served hot and it
should be melted instead of being slightly cold which
cause it to be in a big clump. So, we can't coat our chicken
in the cheese and it was a lil let down.

The have sweet corns in the cheese too.
Perhaps they should serve the cheese in a fondue pot.



Cheesei Rabokki @ RM35.00
(They have cheese topokki too @ RM 30.00)

I love this cheese robokki as it is served piping hot.
Melted cheese, together with rice cakes,
fish cakes, chives, cabbage and hard boiled
eggs (sorry if I have left out some ingredients, my 
memory can be pretty bad at times). 

I love the spicy flavours of gochujang
and this is appetising.

You can add extra topping of cheese for RM10.00.



Close up of the dish. Yum!



Kimchi Jjigae @ RM 20.00

For their kimchi stew, the menu stated that they have added
fatty pork,shellfish (clams and prawns), chucks of tofu 
and green onion. The stew comes with a bowl of rice.

Well, in my opinion, the stew is decent and it taste ok.
It seems to be a lil thin in my opinion.
Not the best which I have had so far.



The entrance of Ssambap, Icon City.



An interesting Korean door decoration 
which I saw the other day near the entrance.

They have set menu as well and we didn't go for it since we couldn't finish up that much food.
I have came across mixed review regarding this place. However, I had a pleasant dining experience.
The food was served rather fast and we do not have communication problems with the waiters. Perhaps they have improved after they have been in business for a while.
Also, I would go back to try their famous grilled pork belly, perhaps I'll go to Krystal Point's outlet to discover more delicacies. ^^

Service charge is included in the bill, fyi.


More info:
Address: No.48, Jalan Icon City, Icon City, 14000 Bukit Mertajam. (It shares the same building with fourspoons dessert)

Tel no.: 04-5054015

FB page:Ssambap Icon City

Business Hours:
11:30 am - 03:00 pm (lunch)
05:30 pm - 10:00 pm (dinner)

Comments