Mr Dakgalbi @ Gurney Plaza, Penang

I'm back!
After I have been away for ages due to new responsibilities at work and stuff.

I managed to check out Mr Dakgalbi which is newly opened in Gurney Plaza and I have been eyeing the outlet for quite some time as there will be a long line of queue during the weekends usually.

I went there on a week day before lunch hours kick in, so I got a place immediately and there were a few empty tables left.

I had the Cheese Ring Dakgalbi promotion set with my family and the cheese is very satisfying.

Besides, you will be served with korean appetiser, which consists of kimchi, shredded cabbage salad and picked daikon (white raddish). 



The promotion for Cheese Ring Dakgalbi.
I had the medium promo set which costs
RM 76. It comes with a plate of noodles
(ramen) and rice each.




A glimpse of the menu, with main course
set and fried rice set.



You can try different dakgalbi, ranging from
seafood to bulgogi.



Fried rice,which you can opt for noodles
(as stated on the menu)



The add on available.
I need to ass more rice cakes as they do 
not have enough rice cakes for the dakgalbi.




Tada! Our dakgalbi.
It takes quite some time to cook the dish.
They also put a metal ring around the pan
so that you won't be uncomfortable because 
of the heat.



The dakgalbi tastes good as it is not too spicy and
they have generous serving of chicken.
You won't be choked by the overwhelming
spicy taste of gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
when you are enjoying Mr Dakgalbi's dakgalbi.

The chicken is well marinated with a slight
savoury sweet flavour. 
The noodles (ramen) is springy and I love
the texture.

My only complaint is I really need more rice
cakes for my dakgalbi. :)



The melted cheese with the lovely
aroma. I really can't get enough of it.

They have corns in the cheese btw.



You can ask the waiter to fry the rice
once you have had more than half of
your dakgalbi. The rice tastes lovely with
the seaweed. I even mixed some cheese 
to go with it.



You can spot Mr Dakgalbi easily as it is
next to Kim Gary (3rd floor) and you can see it
right after the escalator facing Toy 'R' Us.
The shop is on the other end of the mall,
facing Gurney Drive.


I had a wonderful experience dining at Mr Dakgalbi and I would love to go back again for more.
I am not so sure if they have other beverages and they do serve cold water for free.
Perhaps I should ask for warm water next time :)

I am happy that there's a dakgalbi restaurant is available in Gurney Plaza and I do not have to drive all the way from Gurney to other places when I am craving for one. ^^


More info:
FB page: Mr Dakgalbi

Contact number:  016 765 0514

Location: L3-61A(next to Kim Gary)

Comments