Clinic Cafe @ Gurney Plaza, Penang

 Please take note that this outlet is no longer available at Gurney Plaza

It took me a long time to write something about Clinic Cafe of Gurney Plaza as I was way too lazy to write something a while ago. I went there for dinner with my friend on 14th January, 2011. (that was a while ago... XD)

Clinic cafe is interesting, with the hospital themed decorations, plus the 'doctors' and 'nurses' in the cafe. Hmm...it reminds me of cosplay and perhaps Maid Cafe? ^^

The food in the restaurant is ok, if you were not picky ...typical stuff in the menu that you can find in other places. The food might be pricey, but I went there just to have fun. I want to have a drink using a conical flask and 'pour' some ketchup using the syringe. I can still be very childish at times. lolz



The chairs, which are the modification of hospital beds. There is another section full of wheel chairs as well.



 
Reminds me of surgical table?





The pencil holder




Hot Lemon Tea @ RM 5.30



Lemonade (served in a conical flask) @ RM 4.80
See the curtain with the huge cross print? 





Calamari Rings @ RM 8.80

The ketchup is served in a syringe. The cutlery is kept inside the metal container (the one beside the metal dish of Calamari Rings)  Reminds me of the dentist's tools...ouch!




 Doctors' Happy Hour @ RM 24.80

A big serving of deep fried stuff, such as chicken, ham, fries...not bad if you were a fan of western food like chicken merry land or fish and chips.  




 It is easy to spot Clinic Cafe with the large lit up cross that you can see from afar. It is located at the 4th floor of gurney plaza (above Toy 'R' Us). You can reach there easily by using the escalator of the beach front entrance...I mean...the entrance facing Gurney Drive. XD  

Well, I might frequent this cafe again pretty soon, as more stuff to discover. ^^ Especially when it comes to how they serve the food. XD

Food: 7/10 (considered not bad for a cafe like this)
Ambiance: 8/10 (a good place to snap photos, especially when it comes to the unique serving of food. but you can't move around too much as this is a cafe after all =_= )

Comments