Mooncakes for Mid-Autumn ^^

Wow...time flies and it is already Mid-Autumn Festival. Nowadays, people started selling mooncakes as early as towards the end of the 6th lunar month. Meaning  that, you can even see moon cakes around during the month of Hungry Ghost Festival. ^^

I am can get really excited when I see mooncakes in the mall. This is not because of the taste, I am going for the packaging. I like to collect the beautiful oriental designed boxes. They are artistic and can be an inspiration for me while doing wallpaper designs.XD

This year I went for last minute mooncake shopping actually. Even though I managed to get a good bargain for the monncakes (bought some for RM10), the choices were limited and most of them were out of stock. However, I still managed to get something I like (green tea mooncake) while I went shopping at JUSCO, Bandar Perda. XD (10% of  discount was given to all mooncake purchase, while 30% for Tesco, but I can't see anything i like at BM Tesco )


Casahana: Yellow 'Love U Too' box
Bought at Jusco, Queensbay Mall





"Love U Too' Pink Box


Cute packaging with rabbitz~~



Yammy Sesame and Oaty Fruity by Casahana @ RM 20.00 (bought at Juso,Bandar Perda)





Green tea mooncake! With beautiful fine motif. ^^
Not too sweet. This is my fav so far...



Baker's Cottage: Tiramisu (RM 13.50), Chestnut Royal Jingsa ( RM14.04) and 2 Green Tea Mooncake (RM 13.50 each). Bought at Jusco, Bandar Perda
Buy 4 free 1, I got a Pure Lotus mooncake for free.






 Tai Tong mooncakes box and paper bag. 



Tai Tong's Grapefruit mooncake with pineapple filling.
The citrus flavour is strong. Sweet with a lil bitterness in between the taste. Not my liking though.
Bought another one which is wheat grass flavour. Don't really like the smell and taste of wheat grass. Green tea is better...too bad they don't have it.


Haven't tasted all the mooncakes I bought. Will keep this place updated. 

Happy Mid-Autumn!!! 

Comments

Post a Comment