Mei Heong Yuen Dessert @ Chinatown, Singapore

I must say that I am a big fan of dessert and I will not miss it whenever I see a tempting one in a menu. XD

Anyway, read about this place in a few Singapore food blog before heading there and it is included in my 'MUST' list. Found this when I walked around Chinatown and went in without a second thought. It was a Saturday afternoon and there were lots of people inside.

Hmmm...it is a great place to have something delicious after a long shopping trip at Chinatown. ^^




Walnut paste (as recommended by the waitress)
This is delicious. Not too sweet and thick. I like the taste of it.
This is good to warm you up during a rainy day.




Mango with pomelo and sago @ $4.00
I like this one as well. A generous serving of sago and the taste is unique.
With a blend of sour and sweetness. Yum!
This is way better then something I had in Penang a while ago.
Really shouldn't miss it.


 

Yam cake, carrot cake and 
pumpkin cake @ $2.20 (3 pieces per plate)


As recommended by the waitress as well.
She suggested that we ordered 3 flavours together in order to taste different flavour.
The pumpkin ones are special and I haven't found it in Penang.
The cakes are solid and in my opinion, they are best eaten without chili paste.







 Mango and strawberry snow ice @ $ 6.00

Had this during my second day of Singapore's trip. 
The taste is not too sour and sweet. 
The balls in mango and strawberry flavour popped easily in my mouth.
Not sure what it is and it doesn't seem like sago.
However, the only let down is the snow ice is not smooth enough.


A great dessert shop at Chinatown that a dessert fan should not miss. I will go there again for my dessert if I were to go to Singapore again. 

Food: 9/10 (great traditional pumpkin cake and mango with pamelo sago. Will go there for more)

Ambiance: 7/10 (a clean place for food...nothing unique)

Location: Mei Heong Yuen Dessert  味香园甜品
               65-67, Temple Street
        
Direction: once you see the McD after the entrance of Chinatown's MRT station, turn left into the road and 
you'll see the shop. XD
             

Comments