Rou Gu Cha King @ Gurney Plaza Penang

This restaurant is no longer available in Gurney Plaza.

Apart from having western food in Gurney Plaza, there are a few affordable eateries that you can have your meals during your shopping trip (I'm not referring to McD...lol). One of themu  is this shop, Rou Gu Cha King located at the 4th floor of Gurney Plaza. XD

As the name suggested, this eatery serves rou gu cha (bak kut teh or 肉骨茶). The dry bak kut teh is my fav and it tastes good. It smells great with the dried chili used while preparing the dish. XD

 I went to this shop 2 weeks ago and ordered 2 set meals: the original rou gu cha and the dry one.



 

Rou Gu Cha ( 肉骨茶 ) set @ RM13.90


Both the original and dry rou gu cha sets include a bowl of rice, a bowl of you tiao (or known as you char kwai), a dish of bean sprouts, a fried wan tan and a small dish of gui leng gou ( a jelly like Chinese dessert).

Rou gu cha can be eaten together with chili padi (bird's eye chili) and garlic to add in a bit of flavour.
But, they are not of my liking, I prefer the original taste.



Close up of the rou gu cha.
The dish consists of pork, mushroom, 
tofu puffs and soy bean sheets (a product made by soy beans.)
 The best thing is...you can top up the soup. XD





The dried ro gu cha with similar ingredients @ RM14.50


They also have a set with a combination of both original and dry rou gu cha at RM 33.90 for 2 person.
It is more worth it if you order both Bak Kut Teh in separate individual sets.





Herbal tea @ RM 3.50

The waiter almost forgotten bout my order of herbal tea and need to reminded.
The food is served fast. Thus, it is still fine for me in terms of service.



If you were to ask me about the famous Bak Kut Teh found in Penang, I really have no idea except the only shop I used to go in Taman Universiti, Skudai during my university years. =.=

This is decent enough. Perhaps I need to explore the Bak Kut Teh available around Penang from now on.
Besides, other food (porridge and noodles) as well as some variety of dim sum can can be found in this eatery. XD


Food: 8/10

Ambiance: 7/10

Location : Lot 4-47, Gurney Plaza (it is located near the descending escalator)


Comments