Xuan Xin Steamboat @ Gurney (Part II)

 Please take note that this outlet is no longer available at Gurney Plaza

Went to Xuan Xin Steamboat again for lunch during a shopping trip the other day as I was too craving for the snow ice (or is it ice floss) dessert again during last December. (Well...not too long ago as it was 24th of December to be precise. XD) 

Xuan Xin Steamboat @ Gurney used to be a self-service eatery where you take your own steamboat ingredients and pay later according to the number of sticks you have eaten. (Just as I've blogged before.Here's the link : Xuan Xin Steamboat @ Gurney Plaza )

Now, they come up with set meals, plus some modification on the menu for noodles and side dishes.

Anyway, I ordered the 2 pax value set plus some ala carte steamboat ingredients which are seafood bean curd, vegetable fish ball and fish ball (西刀鱼丸) which cost RM3.50 each.



We opt for 2 different soup base: Tom Yam and broth (清汤) 
 I like the sourish taste of the Tom Yam soup. ^^




The additional ingredients, plus those which come together in the set meal.
(fish balls, minced meat, sliced pork etc)



Another plate full of steamboat ingredients.
I am happy to see all my fav mushrooms.



Our instant noodles and emperor noodles.
The texture of the emperor noodles is good when taken with soup based dishes.



2 sticks of barbecued meat included: Taiwan sausages and pork luncheon meat
The Taiwan sausages are tasty and juicy.



My fav of the day! 
Mango Ice Floss @ RM8.60

Mango together with sago and mango chuncks.
Cold and sour...I prefer the green tea one though.


Green tea ice floss @ RM8.60

This is good. The ice floss tastes well with the sago, red beans and peanuts flakes.
Smooth texture...and it tastes like ice-cream.
I like this compared to the one I had in Singapore. 



Xuan Xin Steamboat's menu which I downloaded from Xuan Xin's page in Facebook.
You can have a close look. 
There is the 2 pax Deluxe set which comes with tiger prawns and crab.


The price is still reasonable when they changed it to steamboat set meal as compared to the 'Lok Lok' styled steamboat the used to have months ago. You can't estimate how many sticks you have taken...unless you are very good in maths. lol. For the 2 pax value set, it is enough for 3 person if you do not have a big appetite.

Nothing too complain and like what I posted before, I still fancy the ice floss dessert.

Comments